Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homeland Security New feature

1. Nov 7, 2005 #1

Evo

Staff: Mentor

This is upsetting but I thought I should pass it along. Check your Drivers license. Now you can see anyone's Driver's License on the Internet, including your own! I just searched for mine and there it was. . . picture and all!!

Thanks Homeland Security! Where are our rights? I definitely removed mine. I suggest you do the same... Go to the web site and check it out. Just enter your name, city and state to see if yours is on file. After your license comes on the screen, click the box marked "Please Remove". This will remove it from public viewing, but not from law enforcement.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 7, 2005 #2
    Wow!!! I know the ladies won't be happy that Age and Weight are visible!!! I am surpised this site has not been shut down!!!!

4. Nov 7, 2005 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I know, this site is just wrong. :grumpy:

5. Nov 7, 2005 #4

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ahhh, the land of the free...

6. Nov 7, 2005 #5
    I wondered how long it would take for this to show up in GD. It is truly an atrosity- Welcome to the Police State... It even shows the signature, that is truly dangerous.

7. Nov 7, 2005 #6
    O.O
    Ok, that makes me mad, I just checked and yup, it looks even worse online than in person :*(
    I don't want people to be able to see this :mad: :mad:

8. Nov 7, 2005 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I knew my picture came out horribly...I can't believe they'd post it all over the internet. :grumpy:

9. Nov 7, 2005 #8

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Where's Danger (or come to think of it, Zoob) to say something about the driving licence photo being the least of your worries when it comes to Moonbear photos circulating the internet?! :tongue2:

10. Nov 7, 2005 #9
    Ohh, was that MB in that mass e-mail they sent out? I wondered about the habit, but since the habit was off for most of the pics I did not make the connection. :smile:

Who does she think she is fooling though? I am certain that a nun's habit does not look like that picture I got:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2005
  11. Nov 7, 2005 #10

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Police state? :confused:

12. Nov 7, 2005 #11
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That is all.

13. Nov 7, 2005 #12

Danger

Gold Member

Sorry, mate. I just got here. Thanks for taking up the slack. :approve:

14. Nov 7, 2005 #13
    Interestingly, Netcraft reports this as a phishing scam site

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Nov 7, 2005 #14

Pengwuino

Gold Member

16. Nov 7, 2005 #15

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Geez, you guys don't have any sense of humor. It doesn't ask for any information someone couldn't get out of a phone book, so I doubt it's a phishing scam...it's just a joke. :rolleyes: I guess the rest of us keep a straighter face than you expected. :biggrin:

17. Nov 7, 2005 #16
    Thanks for the link Pengwuino, I thought Evo was serious! :rolleyes:

18. Nov 7, 2005 #17

Pengwuino

Gold Member

This is a serious offense, shall we throw her in the stocks?

19. Nov 8, 2005 #18
    It doesn't have to ask for information. On an improperly configured windows system (Read: the way its sold to you out of the box) a website can install keylogging software onto your computer.

Of course, I don't use Windows, I'm probably the world's 2nd most paranoid person when it comes to computer security, second only to Theo de Raadt.

20. Nov 8, 2005 #19

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Good thing I don't use windows then. :biggrin:

21. Nov 8, 2005 #20

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Oh great, more spyware :(

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?