Homeland security spoof or not?

• News
  • Thread starter mgb_phys
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Security
In summary, communities should do more to protect themselves in order to reduce already overstretched police spending. This would cut into taxpayer dollars and would be a burden on officers.
mgb_phys
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
As the FatherLand/MotherLand/ApplePieLand industry gets weirder - I can't work out if this is a spoof or not!
http://dhsnnw.org/index.html

Physics news on Phys.org
looks legit

If it isn't a hoax is there a problem with it?

Communities should do more to protect themselves in order to cut already overstretched police spending, as it cuts into our taxpayer dollars. Buy a gun.

RonPaul2008 said:
If it isn't a hoax is there a problem with it?

Communities should do more to protect themselves in order to cut already overstretched police spending, as it cuts into our taxpayer dollars. Buy a gun.

:rofl: I love this guy, he as nuts as Ron Paul! :biggrin:

I like how you just injected buy a gun into the conseration at random. HAHAha!

Looks like a hoax to me. [edit] Yep:
Emery Martin is a man on a mission. The 23 year-old resident of Brooklyn has spearheaded the Neighborhood Network Watch, a grassroots group advocating the monitoring by volunteers of open Wi-Fi networks "to make sure that terrorists may not be using your own home network to plan the next attack on our nation or your very own community".

But there's an important catch: Martin's group, which claims to be supported by the US Department of Homeland Security, isn't for real. Rather, it's a sprawling art project and master's thesis cooked up by Martin to stimulate thought about how networks operate and the ability for them to be surveiled.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/04/24/neighborhood_network_watch_unmasked/

Don't you people Google?

Last edited:
Cyrus said:
:rofl: I love this guy, he as nuts as Ron Paul! :biggrin:

I like how you just injected buy a gun into the conseration at random. HAHAha!

Yes, you pay taxes as well, or so I assume. Would you rather pay for overburdened police protection that may or may not be effective, or would you rather take charge and inspire your local community to protect one another and themselves? Many people actually believe the role of police is to protect, and that is not really the case. They are charged with investigating crimes victims report, finding those responsible, enorcing the law as needed, and ensuring the will of the courts are carried out. It is each individuals responsibility to ensure his or her safety. Instead of continuing to throw money at problems like Hilary Clinton or Barack Obama would if they are elected, would you rather cut spending and deal with problems in the long term?

Last edited by a moderator:

1. Is "Homeland security spoof or not?" a real government agency?

No, "Homeland security spoof or not?" is not a real government agency. It is a television show that parodies the real Department of Homeland Security.

2. What is the purpose of "Homeland security spoof or not?"

The purpose of "Homeland security spoof or not?" is to provide entertainment by satirizing the actions and policies of the Department of Homeland Security.

3. Are there any real life events or people that "Homeland security spoof or not?" is based on?

Yes, "Homeland security spoof or not?" is based on real life events and people, but it takes creative liberties for comedic purposes.

4. Does "Homeland security spoof or not?" have any political agenda?

It is not the intention of "Homeland security spoof or not?" to promote any specific political agenda. It is primarily a comedy show.

5. Is "Homeland security spoof or not?" appropriate for all ages?

Due to its satirical nature, "Homeland security spoof or not?" may contain mature themes and language, so it is recommended for mature audiences.