Need Homework Help For A.P. Physics 11th Grade

In summary, Kyle is looking for a tutor or a friend to help him with his homework. He is taking AP Physics C and is having a difficult time with the material. He says that if the tutor or friend can help him understand the concepts better, then that would be great. He also notes that the tutor or friend would need to be good at math and be able to understand calculus.
Kimorto
Hello... My names Kyle...

(in need of homework buddy or tutor on AIM or Email)

I'm in 11th Grade and I'm taking A.P. Physics, and as of right now... Its more difficult than most of these college's work. I have a terrible teacher and I was wondering if someone would like to volunteer as a "tutor" on like AOL or through email. I would ask my questions on here... But usually I have no idea where to start from because it involves stuff we have already learned and i was havin sum other issues which made me miss somm days of school. And to receive help here, you have to have at least tried the problem... I've been in this class about 9 weeks... we've gone through all the vectors n stuff, Normal forces, gravitational forces, frictional forces, centrifuge, centripetal motion, Work, Power, Springs, Force, Newtons laws among a few other things. My school doesn't offer help for A.P. because most teachers don't understand all the math, and the ones who do are coaches and have no time to give help.

Physics news on Phys.org
Can help you sometimes through email...

Kimorto said:
Hello... My names Kyle...

(in need of homework buddy or tutor on AIM or Email)

I'm in 11th Grade and I'm taking A.P. Physics, and as of right now... Its more difficult than most of these college's work. I have a terrible teacher and I was wondering if someone would like to volunteer as a "tutor" on like AOL or through email. I would ask my questions on here... But usually I have no idea where to start from because it involves stuff we have already learned and i was havin sum other issues which made me miss somm days of school. And to receive help here, you have to have at least tried the problem... I've been in this class about 9 weeks... we've gone through all the vectors n stuff, Normal forces, gravitational forces, frictional forces, centrifuge, centripetal motion, Work, Power, Springs, Force, Newtons laws among a few other things. My school doesn't offer help for A.P. because most teachers don't understand all the math, and the ones who do are coaches and have no time to give help.
DON'T PANIC!
Just because you at present is perhaps way behind the others in your understanding, this doesn't mean you can't catch up.

Make a list of what you DO know, and what you need to understand better.

Start teaching yourself from the point where you understand what is happening. Maths&Physics build upon earlier results, and if you don't understand these, there is no point of pushing further.
This might well mean that you should start relearning stuff your school is past.
4. Post problems you encounter underway at PF; either "conceptual" problems
(where you're not quite sure what is meant), or exercises where you've made some headway, but are unable to finish your problems.

Good luck.

Enjoy physics and be cool about it. Damn sure you'll make tremendous progress that way (time **never** was on the side of physics :wink:)

AP Physics C is physics with calculus (I'll assume that's what you're taking). It's troublesome if you haven't taken at least calculus I ahead of time or are currently taking it. I think to really understand the physics you will need to be learning multivariable/vector calculus at the same time, however. What you describe is a consequence of underpaying teachers: Many prospective teachers who would love to teach physics to kids work at places where they can actually live comfortably off of a salary or they just take jobs as professors in colleges. I don't think anyone here could tutor you 1-on-1 but we're more than happy to answer any question posted here. I really dislike seeing posts with 0 replies :)

thanx

thank you everyone, yes I am taking AP physics C, and I am only in gifted precal, and that's the highest math they allow for a junior at my school, and u can have the AP physics C as a junior and that's what I did. We don't have many conceptual questions, because those are easy to me. All of ours are application and almost all math. The teacher sucks at explaining things. If he could explain it better id love it, but he's so boring. He can draw very well so he does it all the time to help with the examples but a lot of the time he puts a lot of effort into the drawing, more so than teaching. I guess its his way of tryin to make it interesting.

1. What is A.P. Physics 11th Grade?

A.P. Physics 11th Grade is an advanced level high school physics course that covers a wide range of topics including mechanics, electricity, magnetism, waves, and thermodynamics. It is equivalent to a first-year college physics course and is designed to prepare students for the AP Physics 1 exam.

2. Why do I need homework help for A.P. Physics 11th Grade?

A.P. Physics 11th Grade is a challenging course that requires a strong understanding of math and scientific concepts. It is common for students to struggle with certain topics and need additional help and practice to fully grasp the material. Seeking homework help can improve your understanding and performance in the course.

3. How can I find reliable homework help for A.P. Physics 11th Grade?

One way to find reliable homework help for A.P. Physics 11th Grade is to ask your teacher for recommendations. They may be able to provide additional resources or suggest tutoring options. You can also look for online tutoring services or join study groups with classmates who are also taking the course.

4. What are some tips for successfully completing A.P. Physics 11th Grade homework?

First, make sure to attend all your classes and take thorough notes. This will help you understand the material better and identify any areas you need help with. Second, practice regularly and don't wait until the last minute to start your homework. Finally, if you are struggling with a particular concept, don't be afraid to ask for help from your teacher or classmates.

5. How can I prepare for the A.P. Physics 11th Grade exam?

In addition to completing homework assignments and studying for tests, there are a few ways to prepare for the A.P. Physics 11th Grade exam. First, familiarize yourself with the exam format and types of questions that will be asked. Second, review all the material covered in the course, paying special attention to any areas you struggle with. Finally, take practice exams to gauge your understanding and identify any weak areas.