1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework- Build Atomic Bomb

1. May 23, 2004 #1
    Homework--- Build Atomic Bomb

What is the general output of enriched uranium from an electrolysis and fractional distillation process?
    I have already researched the outputs for gas diffusion, thermal diffusion, gas cenrifuge, laster isotope separation, and mass spectroscopy. If you could give me any information on its separative work Unit or Amount of fissionable materials for the two processes could be produced in grams/month it would be great. Its for a physics research project, and as most of you probably know posessing the knowledge of making a bomb, is far from being able to constuct the bomb.

Any help would be great.
    Tom McCurdy

2. jcsd
  3. May 24, 2004 #2
    Haha, thats awesome man. Just talk a lot about special relativity, and do NOT do experiments :p

4. May 24, 2004 #3
    haha thanks

well i presented the model today

I decided that i would probably like to use gas centrifuge as a method to enrich uranium. It is realtivly easy to do once you set them up in trains to form cascades then just put the Uranium hexa fluroide gas into the evacuated rotor and press spin. You got yourself some U-235 moving inside while the heavier 238 should move towards the outside. Add an axial countercurrent formed either mechannially with baffles or thermally by heating the caps and you can ever further enrich ther uranium. Then take the uranium to a breeder reactor in detriot to tranform to Pluotonium then your well on the way for an implosion nucuclear device. (who would mess with the gun type... too easy) then maybe just for kicks use either electroylis or fractional distillation to get some deutrium to make a boosted nuclear device. Anyway this is just a small portion of the plans... if anyone want to know how to build nuclear device... I know. hehe I love my high school... (advance math and science center magnet school)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?