1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework help please!

1. Sep 28, 2006 #1
    okay im sure this will be easy for many of you, this is a first year engineering course question. help appreciated its due tom orow:O

* the two forces, f1 and f2 acting at a have a resultant force of fr = {100k} lb. Determine the magnitude and coordinate direction angles of the force f2 and indicate them on the figure.

ill attach the problem picture

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 29, 2006 #2
    oh yeah. i forgot to mention i dont need the answer or any drawings i just need the forumla to go about it as in the the three different forces calulated with the sohcahtoa methd. im justa bit confused about the angles
  4. Sep 29, 2006 #3
    I think you need a better picture, as you don't indicate the direction of Fr and are you sure about the 100,000 resultant force? F1 is only 60.
  5. Sep 29, 2006 #4

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Your drawing is not clear. Could you but some labels on it as to the meaning of each vector. Also be sure that you are representing your angles correctly. I do not understand the angle you have labeled 30D.
  6. Oct 25, 2010 #5
    the 30D is the angle given for a random line so that mens this line is making an angle of 30 degrees with the negative x axis and F1 is making an angle of 50 degrees with this line.. can u do it now please?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?