Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Homework help

1. Sep 8, 2006 #1
    The ? variable is the part of the experiment that is affected by the independant variable.

THANKS

:yuck:

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 8, 2006 #2
    i think you are referring to dependent variables, they 'depend' on the independent variables for their values.

4. Sep 8, 2006 #3
    I have tried dependant but it does not fit. The second letter is A and the seventh letter is E.

5. Sep 8, 2006 #4
    how many letters total?

6. Sep 8, 2006 #5
    there are 9 total letters.

7. Sep 8, 2006 #6
    :cry: PLEASE HELP!!

8. Sep 8, 2006 #7
    are you sure the 'a' is right, i can't think of anything else right now

9. Sep 8, 2006 #8
    The A comes from the question,,,, The ? variable is the part of the experiment that is being tested or the part that is changed by the person doing the experiment. Therefore I put Independant causing the A so I hope that is right.

10. Sep 8, 2006 #9
  11. Sep 8, 2006 #10
    Nope that is 10 letters. Is the independant answer right?

12. Sep 8, 2006 #11

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

13. Sep 8, 2006 #12
    well i 'explanatory' is 11, but I'd say independent is right, but thats not working with dependent (not that explanatory would) and I can't think of a different word than dependent.

EDIT: I had meant using explanatory instead of independent in my previous post

14. Sep 8, 2006 #13
    I will just put dependant the old hag prolly spelt it wrong anyway.

15. Sep 8, 2006 #14
    ah! I see it, its 'dependent' and 'independent' both with an E, that will fix the problem.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook