1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework help

1. Sep 8, 2006 #1
    The ? variable is the part of the experiment that is affected by the independant variable.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 8, 2006 #2
    i think you are referring to dependent variables, they 'depend' on the independent variables for their values.
  4. Sep 8, 2006 #3
    I have tried dependant but it does not fit. The second letter is A and the seventh letter is E.
  5. Sep 8, 2006 #4
    how many letters total?
  6. Sep 8, 2006 #5
    there are 9 total letters.
  7. Sep 8, 2006 #6
    :cry: PLEASE HELP!!
  8. Sep 8, 2006 #7
    are you sure the 'a' is right, i can't think of anything else right now
  9. Sep 8, 2006 #8
    The A comes from the question,,,, The ? variable is the part of the experiment that is being tested or the part that is changed by the person doing the experiment. Therefore I put Independant causing the A so I hope that is right.
  10. Sep 8, 2006 #9
  11. Sep 8, 2006 #10
    Nope that is 10 letters. Is the independant answer right?
  12. Sep 8, 2006 #11

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

13. Sep 8, 2006 #12
    well i 'explanatory' is 11, but I'd say independent is right, but thats not working with dependent (not that explanatory would) and I can't think of a different word than dependent.

EDIT: I had meant using explanatory instead of independent in my previous post
  14. Sep 8, 2006 #13
    I will just put dependant the old hag prolly spelt it wrong anyway.
  15. Sep 8, 2006 #14
    ah! I see it, its 'dependent' and 'independent' both with an E, that will fix the problem.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?