Homework, Homework and more homework

• Thread starter Matthias765
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Homework
In summary, the conversation covers various topics such as having a busy schedule with school work, extracurricular activities, and spending time with friends. The idea of valuing time and making choices for oneself is also discussed, along with the importance of developing social skills. The conversation ends with a reminder to prioritize and not neglect important aspects of life.
Matthias765
Even though it's summer I still have about 10 pages of math each day and 10 pages of language arts. I also have to go swimming for a hour and play piano for 1 hr 30 min.

Likes nik_physics
Physics news on Phys.org
Do you still have some time with your friends anyway?

Choose, as Napoleon said: "Space can be recovered, time cannot"

I don't like this verb at all: "I have to"

You want, you don't have to, who on Earth can force you to be superman?

And, find time to study English: "a hour" (I'm joking)

Last edited:
I still have time with my friends on weekends.

That's not a lot. Are at least some of your friends you hang out with girls?

Don't neglect the real values of life. We men are on Earth to procreate. That is our one principal focus; the drive that subtend our every movements. If at 30 you find yourself unable to attract women because of a lack of the basics social skills you're supposed to be learning at your age, you'll end up being frustrated and unhappy. And being about to play Mozart's 5th with a blindfold ain't going to change nothing about that. :wink:

Maybe that doesn't apply to you at all though, I don't know. :smile: But I felt like writting this anyway.

1. Why is homework important?

Homework helps students practice and reinforce concepts learned in class, develop study habits and time management skills, and prepare for exams and future academic challenges.

2. How much homework is too much?

The amount of homework assigned can vary depending on grade level, subject, and individual student needs. However, research suggests that students should have about 10 minutes of homework per grade level per night.

3. Should parents help with homework?

Parents can provide support and guidance to their children with homework, but it is important to strike a balance and avoid doing the work for them. Students should be encouraged to take ownership of their own learning.

4. Is homework beneficial for all students?

While homework can be beneficial for most students, it may not be effective for all. For some students, it may cause stress and anxiety. Teachers should consider individual student needs and provide alternatives for those who struggle with homework.

5. What can I do if I have too much homework?

If a student feels overwhelmed with homework, they can speak to their teacher for clarification or assistance. They can also try breaking up their workload into smaller, manageable chunks and prioritize tasks based on due dates and importance.