Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework questions

1. Oct 15, 2008 #1
    How do we know wether to put our threads in the homework subforum from any other section. I had a question about blood pressure that wasn't related to any homework yet my thread was moved.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 15, 2008 #2

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If the question involves something along the lines of academic assistance rather than a discussion of the principle or methods involved with etc. then the question will be best posted in the homework forums. I wouldn't worry too much about threads that seem ambiguous. If you've tried your best to pick the correct forum then I don't think the mentors can complain. You could private message any online in future to ask their opinion about a thread you wish to post that you're very unsure about.

4. Oct 15, 2008 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Any question that is a coursework TYPE question should go in the homework and coursework forum. If it's related to something you're reading in a textbook, even if you're not doing it for a class or assignment, it still should go in the HW and coursework forum.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?