1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework questions

1. Oct 15, 2008 #1
    How do we know wether to put our threads in the homework subforum from any other section. I had a question about blood pressure that wasn't related to any homework yet my thread was moved.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 15, 2008 #2

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If the question involves something along the lines of academic assistance rather than a discussion of the principle or methods involved with etc. then the question will be best posted in the homework forums. I wouldn't worry too much about threads that seem ambiguous. If you've tried your best to pick the correct forum then I don't think the mentors can complain. You could private message any online in future to ask their opinion about a thread you wish to post that you're very unsure about.

4. Oct 15, 2008 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Any question that is a coursework TYPE question should go in the homework and coursework forum. If it's related to something you're reading in a textbook, even if you're not doing it for a class or assignment, it still should go in the HW and coursework forum.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?