1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Honor societies

1. Oct 1, 2009 #1
    I've never been a "society" kind of guy. I don't really know why, it's just that something about them just doesn't fit me.
    However, I was invited to join my University's chapter of Phi Kappa Phi. I hadn't planned to join, but I decided to look at their website and it seemed like a decent society to join.

I have a degree in Kinesiology from 2001 and have decided to study mathematical physics. I'll be applying to grad schools in a year or so and am worried that I won't have enough time to get any undergraduate research. As a recent transfer (I took my first year at a University in the area my wife was finishing her Dental school), I'm worried I won't even have enough time to get to know any professors well enough to have them write a letter of recommendation....

Considering that, is it any benefit at all for your graduate school application to have "Phi Kappa Phi" on it? I suppose I should take anything I can considering my time constraints, but I just wanted to know what people think since I know a few people here have served on graduate admissions.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted