Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hooking up Xbox/PS2 Wireless

1. Dec 13, 2005 #1
    I know the PS2 has a USB port but not sure about the Xbox. does anyone know if i could use a wireless usb adapter to connect either one to my wireless network? i don't yet have an xbox but i do have a PS2.
    otherwise would it be possible to use a wireless access point to connect either console through it. i believe the access points are usually used to give a wired router wireless abilities. kind of like a wireless hub i guess. i would like to use to recieve the wireless signal and hook up the console to the access point. the only other option is shelling out about $100 for a wireless card made for game consoles. that sounds a little steep considering i found my router for significantly less than that.
    thanks everyone.
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 14, 2005 #2
    well the question that springs to mind here, is why would you want to?
  4. Jan 4, 2006 #3

there's a thing called the internet and people sometimes go on there and play against each other through their ps2 and xbox. (sarcasm)

i'm simply wanting to know if the machine(s) will connect to the internet throught the usb port.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?