Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hope to don't want the bias.

1. Mar 5, 2005 #1
    I can't be subjected to the bias because English speak not good?
    Can't is not high to be subjected to the bias because of the quantum physics level?
    I think regardless is who we are equal.Regardless the level is high and low, regardless how English is.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 5, 2005 #2
    Yes what you say is correct. However, if most of us find it difficult to understand what you say, what can we do but ignore you?

4. Mar 5, 2005 #3

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Well,i'm a nonnative English speaker as well,and therefore make spelling mistakes on my own,but I undertstand very well your situation.Ignorance is not an option.

Daniel.

5. Mar 5, 2005 #4
    Well there are different degrees of understanding. I mean thinker can't even get sentence structure correct -- it's a difficult thing to do, to be able to speak two different languages (I can personally), but some basics have to be there. Having seen a lot of his posts, it's fairly obvious that Daniel isn't a native English speaker, but then it's not obvious by reading just one or two which goes to show that he understands the language well.

I don't mean we should ignore, but perhaps try to answer the questions raised, and ask for further clarification.

But when thinker is talking about theories that he/she has devised, and formulas that he/she has derived, in something that can remotely be called English, it is difficult to find the motivation to pursue the issue.

6. Mar 5, 2005 #5

PerennialII

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Even though someone might nag about it, it certainly is not an issue of any kind, and at most it means that we need a couple of more rounds of iteration when discussing topics. Those who are better able need to be considerate.

7. Mar 5, 2005 #6

Your ability to speak english is not indicative of your intelligence, sure. However that does make all people equal. You can't throw a rock without hitting a moron.

But you are right that your ability to speak english does not indicate your intelligence.

But if people don't understand you, there's not much they can do when it comes to talking with you. Language barrier when discussing physics can be a real problem.

8. Mar 5, 2005 #7
    what the f are you all talking about. I can't understand a word you are saying, therefore it must not be important.

9. Mar 5, 2005 #8
    to sum it up, he is talking about insensitive farts like you... ;-)

10. Mar 5, 2005 #9
    lol, guilty as charged.

11. Mar 5, 2005 #10
    Hey tribdog is the most sensitive guy i know. Who else, after all the horrible burns, could still feel it when he gets stabbed with a mechanical pencil?

12. Mar 5, 2005 #11
    thanks hun, you're pretty sensitive yourself :wink: if you know what I mean.

13. Mar 5, 2005 #12

Actually its rather insensitive...only way i can explain how long it lasts. :wink:

14. Mar 5, 2005 #13
    Agree I. Bias speak good no English indicator bad the quality both the of intelligence level the and equality of ultimate are we.

15. Mar 5, 2005 #14
    I know that language is a very big obstacle.I try as far as possible to communicate with you.Hope that you can enough I help.Thank you!

16. Mar 5, 2005 #15

Out of curiousity, what is your first language?

17. Mar 5, 2005 #16

I got a headache from reading that.

18. Mar 6, 2005 #17
    Chinese.
    I speaker English a little.I am sorry.I am sorry.

19. Mar 6, 2005 #18

PerennialII

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No apologies needed ... just keep it up :smile: !

20. Mar 6, 2005 #19

Not sure what you're apologizing for.

I was just curious.

21. Mar 6, 2005 #20

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I met some Chinese individuals in College and they work hard. I really admire their dedication to work. They sit there and try to figure out half of the English words, and then review because they still don't clearly understand the English. I wish I had that motivation.

My first language is French, but no one can tell. I am pure English now, but I still know French of course. :D

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?