Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hopefully no bug, just me

  1. Nov 26, 2006 #1


    User Avatar
    Homework Helper

    A trivial problem, but it costs me nervs... :smile:

    When replying to posts, I can't get the ' { ' character. I get it by pressing (right Alt+B) usually, but now I get a shortcut for bolding text every time. Any hints?
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 26, 2006 #2
    works fine for me in firefox and IE
  4. Nov 26, 2006 #3


    User Avatar
    Homework Helper

    Then it must be my computer, as always. :uhh:
  5. Nov 26, 2006 #4
    Right Alt+B opens the bookmarks for me. :) Usually, it's Ctrl+B that acts as a shortcut for bold text.
  6. Nov 27, 2006 #5


    User Avatar
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

    Why are you using the alt key at all to type a '{'? It's right on the keyboard, the same key with the square brackets, just to the right of the letter P. Do you use a different keyboard?
  7. Nov 27, 2006 #6


    User Avatar
    Homework Helper

    I use a diffrerent keyboard. :smile: Right to the letter P I have the bracket, but it doesn't work on that key, since it's reserved for one of the diacritics in my language.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?

Similar Discussions: Hopefully no bug, just me
  1. Is this a bug? (Replies: 5)

  2. Is this a bug? (Replies: 3)