Horror films

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
wolram
Gold Member

Main Question or Discussion Point

Has any one seen a GOOD horror film, one that is very scary?

Answers and Replies

Evo
Mentor
Slasher films or psychologically scary?

wolram
Gold Member
Psychologically scary, i hate slasher films they are just so predictable and unrealistic.

I saw some of your home videos wolly...yikes.

wolram
Gold Member
I saw some of your home videos wolly...yikes.
Kia is sure my place is haunted.

Evo
Mentor
Kia is sure my place is haunted.
What videos?

wolram
Gold Member
What videos?
Cyrus is just being a plonker again, there are no videos, LOL.

The haunted house thing is true though.

Cape Fear!

saw
hostel
cyrus' tries to womanize

love 'em

marlon

Evo
Mentor
Cyrus is just being a plonker again, there are no videos, LOL.

The haunted house thing is true though.
I would tend to agree about your house. So many weird things have happened there, you'd think I had been there. :wink:

28 Days/Weeks Later, Decent, Dawn of the Dead

wolram
Gold Member
I would tend to agree about your house. So many weird things have happened there, you'd think I had been there. :wink:
You and your army, i am not scared just annoyed, i am sure Ivan would enjoy a visit, the latest is people talking in the small hours.

wolram
Gold Member
28 Days/Weeks Later, Decent, Dawn of the Dead
Boring, as the supreme being i expect more from you Greg.

Are you looking for a few to draw ideas from? Even though it is a slasher film, Dr. Giggles may have a decent amount of material considering what you've said so far. Silence of the Lambs, Psycho and the earlier remake of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The later version of TCM had more of a psychological twist that it's 70's original.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
"The Blair Witch Project" was only mildly scary, up to the last scene. The last scene scared the living hell out of me...so scary, it was brilliant.

The Thing

Evo
Mentor
The best psychological scary ghost movie is the original 1963 "The haunting". You never see anything, but that scene where Claire Bloom and Julie Harris hear the banging outside their bedroom still scares me. If you haven't seen that movie, I highly recommend it.

wolram
Gold Member
The best psychological scary ghost movie is the original 1963 "The haunting". You never see anything, but that scene where Claire Bloom and Julie Harris hear the banging outside their bedroom still scares me. If you haven't seen that movie, I highly recommend it.
No fibbing, i would love to have some one confirm the noises i hear at night, real life can be more scary than movies, but then i am not scared.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
No fibbing, i would love to have some one confirm the noises i hear at night, real life can be more scary than movies, but then i am not scared.
You said you hear voices...can you make out words? Is there more than one person talking?

Evo
Mentor
You said you hear voices...can you make out words? Is there more than one person talking?
He's had some really weird things happen in that house.

Wolram, is it possible that your house could be built over a subterrainean water source?

Are you looking for a few to draw ideas from? Even though it is a slasher film, Dr. Giggles may have a decent amount of material considering what you've said so far. Silence of the Lambs, Psycho and the earlier remake of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The later version of TCM had more of a psychological twist that it's 70's original. The newer Silence of the Lambs (Hannibal?) also was a good one.

The movie i'm thinking of is either called "Vacancy" or "No Vacancy", not sure which one, but it was very good, and not at all predictable.......

Evo
Mentor
I need to hijack this long enough to say that last night I ran across a movie on The Sci Fi Channel called "Aztec Rex". It's about Hernando Cortez' army landing in Mexico and being eaten by a Tyranosaurus Rex. I kid you not.

Back to our regurlary scheduled postings.

wolram
Gold Member
It is hard to define, but i am sure it is four people with at least one female talking, it annoys me so much that i can not hear the words, any one is welcome to stay at my place bringing with them any recording gear.

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I need to hijack this long enough to say that last night I ran across a movie on The Sci Fi Channel called "Aztec Rex". It's about Hernando Cortez' army landing in Mexico and being eaten by a Tyranosaurus Rex. I kid you not.

Back to our regurlary scheduled postings.
Was that the late, late, late night movie? Sounds like something that would be on at 3 A.M. when there's nothing else but infomercials to watch.