Horror films

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
wolram
Gold Member
Are you looking for a few to draw ideas from? Even though it is a slasher film, Dr. Giggles may have a decent amount of material considering what you've said so far. Silence of the Lambs, Psycho and the earlier remake of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The later version of TCM had more of a psychological twist that it's 70's original. The newer Silence of the Lambs (Hannibal?) also was a good one.
Good suggestions, but none of them scare me, i just want the scared feeling.

Danger
Gold Member
Didn't we just have a thread about the scariest movie ever... that Ben Stein thing?

*Kia*
Gold Member
Trouble is Wollie isn't scared of anything. Trying to find a very scary movie for someone who isn't scared of anything isn't an easy task to say the least.

And you're right, his house is definitely haunted, whether in the supernatural or natural sense I have no idea but it's umm... "interesting"

Evo
Mentor
Has Wolram looked into the history of the house?

Hi *Kia*!!!

*Kia*
Gold Member
I do believe the old chap before him died there - eeks!!
{{{Evo}}}

Integral
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Give The Orphanage a watch. It is in Spanish with English subtitles but is worth the read. Very disturbing. This is by the same guy that did Pan's Labyrinth.

I like "The Shining"

--it reminds me of what happens to some students when they work on a paper for too many days in a row

Psycho. My father took me to see it when I was ten. I was scarred for life. What was he thinking? The shower scene gets a lot of play, but the one that scared me most was when the guy got stabbed at the top of the stairs.

Here's a bit of family history that gets retold from time to time. We went to to see a movie and my 4 year old sister was so scared that she hid under the seat. It was Bambi.

Psycho. My father took me to see it when I was ten. I was scarred for life. What was he thinking? The shower scene gets a lot of play, but the one that scared me most was when the guy got stabbed at the top of the stairs.

Here's a bit of family history that gets retold from time to time. We went to to see a movie and my 4 year old sister was so scared that she hid under the seat. It was Bambi.
I guess another example of the differences between men/boys and women/girls----Men are from Mars, and women are from some other planet to be named later

devil-fire
two of my favorites are event horizon, and hellraiser 2 although the bad physics in that one might be distracting for some of the people on here.

hellraiser 2 takes place mostly in a version of hell that is more like a huge labyrinth which i thought was vary cool. it also has a lot of good characters like pin head, that dude with the burnt/stretched/generally mutilated face and his lips cut off or pulled back to expose teeth, and the doctor.

i think the out dated special effects take away from the fearful experience but otherwise i think hellraiser 2 was a horror movie with a great vision behind it.

turbo
Gold Member
Woolie, I would recommend that you rent the original version of the Exorcist with Linda Blair. Watch it late at night when you're alone and the weather is rally crappy, so you feel trapped indoor. If you REALLY want to be spooked, don't rent the movie. Read the book. The movie was a most watered-down, popularized version of the book.

Danger
Gold Member
Woolie, I would recommend that you rent the original version of the Exorcist with Linda Blair.
You've gotta be kidding! :confused:
My buddy and I were about 18 when that movie came out. We were threatened with being ejected from the theatre because we couldn't stop laughing through it.

two of my favorites are event horizon, and hellraiser 2
Event Horizon was one most evil movies i've ever seen. A lot like Sphere, only... pure evil.

wolram
Gold Member
I will give Event horizon a go, cheers.

wolram
Gold Member
I do believe the old chap before him died there - eeks!!
{{{Evo}}}
The Tesco delivery driver said to me, (you got down them stairs quick), i did not think any more about it, but i was down stairs and saw him coming to the door, he was two steps away when i opened it.