1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hot air Balloon scale drawing

1. Nov 11, 2008 #1
    1.Hi, I need to create a scale drawing of a hot air balloon at which we are creating, it is odd because I don't know how big it's going to be and have no idea how to make a scale drawing, the balloon does not need a basket but will have mints attached to it (as passengers) to see if it can hold the weight and stay in the air for a certain amount of time. I just need some ideas or tips in this area.
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 11, 2008 #2
    A scale drawing is simply a drawing of the real object however it is reduced in size and put on paper. You can use parameters such as making every line on your paper equal to one inch even though realistically the space between a line on your paper is not an inch. I would use graph paper if making a sketch. For example if the ballon is a height of 30 inches then it will need to have a height of 30 lines on your paper.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?