1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hot dog data analysis

1. May 14, 2013 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

I'm doing a final project for my probability and statistics class that involves analyzing data on the sodium (mg/hot dog) and calories contained in each of 54 major hot dog brands. The hot dogs are classified by type: beef, poultry, and meat (mostly pork and beef). 20 beef, 17 meat, and 17 poultry hot dogs were sampled. I'm supposed to determine why this data might be important and what kinds of analysis would be appropriate for the given sample.

3. The attempt at a solution

One obvious question I can think of is whether or not there exists a relationship between the calorie and sodium content of a hot dog and the type (beef, meat, or poultry) of hot dog. I think this could be done with two different single factor ANOVA's. Can anyone think of anything else that could be addressed by this data? Regression, correlation?

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted