Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hot Women

1. Sep 1, 2004 #1
    This is more of a one am after taco bell question but i thought it might produce interesting results

Is it wrong to like good looking women when you purposly try to engage conversations with good looking women first. and what originally told us that good looking women have the general sterotype that they do today about body size?

sorry if this doesn't make sense
    i just had tbell and i am tired

I will try to come back to fix it up later i fi remember
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 2, 2004 #2
    First of all I don't want to marry a blondie-head :D

Second, if it's about the structure of the face and you proposely follow and do good things to these persons because of that, yes then I think it's wrong.
    Because it's body-fascism. Although a very common fascism at that.
    We're all born differently structurally in the face, and if you prioritize one that's been lucky this way.... it's kinda obvious.
    However if you like persons that's clean, I don't think it's wrong(or nearly in the same class). Because that's something almost all of us can do something about.
    In principle I try to follow the girls personality and our chemistry to see if I like her or not.
    And I think boys has to be more aware that when they look at someone they call 'Hot', they are rather studying Art, and not actually want the girl.

Thirdly, it's funny that we are so attracted to Pythagoras geometrics of 1.66 in the face. It's like we're not attracted to the person but is actually loosing our breath because of some maths. "Ohhh ahhh 1.6634423 4 4545 ohhh ahhh!!!"
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2004
  4. Sep 2, 2004 #3

What is this geometrics of 1.66, you talking about?
    Can explain little bit.
  5. Sep 2, 2004 #4
    It's the geometrics in the face. Often when we speak about perfect faces, it's actually about different triangles to your face. Eg. How your cheek stand to your nose and chin.
    You can see the program about it with John Cleese and Elisabeth Hurley "The Human Face" http://itsb.ucsf.edu/~vcr/SkinterviewFace.html
    I'm not sure if that number is correct, but that doesn't matter.
    Also I think the same principle can be used in someone that just got cute eyes too. Not the geometrics I mean, but that people born with some charismatic eyes goes under the same body-fascism principle.

Somehow the american boys on imdb doesn't give the film high score. I bet they don't like what they're been told :p
    But the girls give the movie rocket-high scores.
    Although it isn't much reviewers.
  6. Sep 2, 2004 #5
    Are you kidding? I want every "hot" girl I see!

As far as the facial geometry is concerned, when I'm checking out a girl, usually I'm not even paying attention to her face at all. I do notice geometry elsewhere though!

I think people in general are superficial. I think girls are almost just as much as guys.
  7. Sep 2, 2004 #6

I've been thinking about that too. At least I think that it's much more than it's being focused on. And that they put too much weight in all those things about girls being attracted to money and strong men.
  8. Sep 2, 2004 #7
    Well some women have NOTHING going for them except looks so are you saying that all of those women deserve to be left out in the cold?
  9. Sep 3, 2004 #8
    cmon. Who have nothing? :D
  10. Sep 6, 2004 #9

The 'golden number', phi, is 1.61803398874989, as close as I can generate it (I'm fairly certain that it's irrational, so you can never get it dead on, like pi). The ancient Greeks thought that phi:1 was a beautiful ratio in all things - it was an important feature on architecture.

To find it yourself, run the Fibonacci sequence (write down any two numbers, 'a' and 'b'. add 'a' and 'b' for the third term, 'c'. add 'b' and 'c' for the fourth term 'd', etc. eg. 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13...). Divide term ten by term nine for an okay approximation. Divide term twenty by term nineteen for a better one.

The really funky thing is, you can put any numbers into the first two terms and it will resolve itself.

I hope that answers any questions. It's not really about triangles, it's about the sizes of different things in proportion to one another; the ratios.
  11. Sep 6, 2004 #10
    Nothing going for them? Someone stupid & cruel & selfish & humourless & evil?

Yeah, they deserve to be left out in the cold.
  12. Sep 6, 2004 #11
    I second the left out in the cold
  13. Sep 7, 2004 #12
    This is of great interest to me, if anyone could post a comprehensive link to a mathematical dunz like me that'd be great.
  14. Sep 8, 2004 #13
  15. Sep 9, 2004 #14
    pretty faces are somthing i like to stare at, male or female, but it's the personality i care about when i make the time to be around them obviously. And yes everyone is a fool to be attracted to a pretty face/body but really who can resist, at least in the short run. but really, prettiness wears out.
  16. Sep 9, 2004 #15

:rofl: You are good at making people laugh, pace! Well said! I also pondered this too when my maths teacher told me this. I don't believe in that theory at all. I've been attracted to guys that are so asymmetrical that you couldn't tell the difference between their faces and a potato!
  17. Sep 9, 2004 #16
    So, geniuses what is the formula for preetyness?
    You guys trying to make science out of anything.
  18. Sep 9, 2004 #17

You're welcome! :biggrin:
    Actually they say in some studies over here that women more often like asymetrical faces, that they more represent the 'tough man' or something like that. There are some other values too, like big lips. Maybe that was why you were so attracted, he looked like one big lip? :tongue:
  19. Sep 9, 2004 #18
    To me, beauty is not about science. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! And there are many beholders!

Pace! You should have seen Irish men. The average Irish person has a very asymmetrical appearance. Squinty-eyed, slim face with other proportions that make them look like scketches for a painting. Or something like that!! I don't mind big lips, but the shape of a man's lips is never what I first discover! :)
  20. Sep 9, 2004 #19
    I gotto admit that I get a little scientific like many other men(darn, now I got scientific again!)

Yeah, you're absolutely right, it's in the eye of the beholder too... I don't know what more to say than that I'm afraid :redface:
  21. Sep 10, 2004 #20
    Beauty is just another optimization. Look at "beautifull face", cost less energy than to look an ugly face.
    Beauty = Proportion = Phi.
    Numbers are abstract, proportions are divine.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?