This is not relevant to the content provided.

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
In summary: I also like to cook my own meals. The majority of people want luxury accommodations, but also want the ability to cook their own meals. Many nicer hotels don't offer both options, so people end up choosing one or the other.
Pengwuino
Gold Member
I was wondering something... why are hotels so expensive compared to condos? I'm checking out places in Vancouver for a vacation next month and its ridiculous. Oh $1000/week for this nicely furnished 600sq foot hotel room over here... or $750/week for this nicely furnished 1200sq condo that in some cases, is a freaken house. Honestly... is it because its a guaranteed weekly stay? Is it because you don't have to really hire that many people to take care of a group of condos vs. hotel staff?

Get out of my thread yomamma, I am warning you.

Physics news on Phys.org
Just rent the pool :smile:

You're paying for the service at a hotel more than anything else.

Likely - the condos don't have the overhead of that hotels have.

Is that Vancouver, BC or Vancouer, WA? If BC, is that Canadian dollars?

Cheapest hotel in Vancouver BC is $99/night (near the airport) and the most expensive is about $300/night (downtown) - for a 6 day stay.

I went to a conference that had hotel rooms at $129/night, but I found a nearby hotel for $59/night, so I stayed there.

In Washington, DC, the rooms at one hotel were $189/night, but I found one at $129/night.

In NY - a typical hotel room in midtown Manhattan might go for $200-$300/night, and similary in Tokyo, Osaka, London, Moscow . . . .

All major cities have expensive hotel rooms. Of course, one can find cheaper ones with commensurate quality.

Try hotels.com

Or just pitch a tent in a nearby park.

Hey Astro,

The parking that day came to $28 :mad: for only 4 hours!

cyrusabdollahi said:
Hey Astro,

The parking that day came to $28 :mad: for only 4 hours!
Yeah, well it was near the Whitehouse!

I think the hotel said $17/day.

That's one reason I didn't drive, but took the train instead. :biggrin:

With a condo, they usually only clean and set it up for you between guests. Once you're there, there's no daily changing/washing of the sheets/towels, no replenishment of toiletries (if they provide any at all), no room service (not even a restaurant...you have your own kitchen to cook for yourself), no 24 h front desk to call if you have a problem, no concierge to help you find places to go and things to do, etc. For the most part, people don't really need all that stuff, and, actually, renting a condo can keep costs down in other ways too...you don't have to eat out at expensive restaurants every meal, you can find a grocery store and cook some meals for yourself.

Sometimes price differences are due to location too. The hotel might be in the center of downtown in walking distance to everything you want to get to, while the condo might be on the edges of the town, where you'll need a car or to take a bus or cab. Though, in Vancouver, that's really not an issue. You'll have no problem finding public transportation if you need it.

We're going to vancouver, BC. We want a place close to Coquitlam, that's where a friend of mine lives. I've looked at hotels.com over and over and i just wish there were hotels with more suites available.. or at least have hotels.com show more suites in their price listings. Somehow its not a vacation without a couch and kitchenette :biggrin:

Pengwuino said:
We're going to vancouver, BC. We want a place close to Coquitlam, that's where a friend of mine lives. I've looked at hotels.com over and over and i just wish there were hotels with more suites available.. or at least have hotels.com show more suites in their price listings. Somehow its not a vacation without a couch and kitchenette :biggrin:
Talk to "mailto:karma@inboundwest.com"[/URL] and tell her Dave Collins from Toronto sent you. She'll find you what you want. She's amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC426913 said:
Talk to "mailto:karma@inboundwest.com"[/URL] and tell her Dave Collins from Toronto sent you. She'll find you what you want. She's amazing.[/QUOTE]

Would she be able to find a condo or suite near coquitlam within say, 3 weeks? :biggrin: Because if so... :!) :!) :!)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not too hard finding a room with a couch, but if you want a kitchenette, stop looking at hotels, and start looking at motels. Even suites in hotels don't usually have kitchenettes, just multiple bedrooms or fancier bathrooms, etc. The kitchenettes seem more common in cheaper motels, where people on a budget want to cook some meals rather than eat out while on vacation. Otherwise, yeah, it seems a condo is what you want.

Yah but motels are crumby :biggrin:

Pengwuino said:
Yah but motels are crumby :biggrin:
I don't think there are enough people who want BOTH luxury accomodations AND to cook for themselves on vacation for nicer hotels to offer what you're requesting. If I was staying somewhere more than 3 days, though, I'd probably prefer that too. Eating out is nice, but at some point, it's also nice to not have to pay $15 for the "luxury" of having an English muffin and a cup of coffee for breakfast while still wearing PJ's.

Yah i guess people capable of plopping down $1200 for lodging for a weeks stay arent the type to eat in most of the time and cook their own food... i just can't imagine eating out every meal for a week though...

Pengwuino said:
Yah i guess people capable of plopping down $1200 for lodging for a weeks stay arent the type to eat in most of the time and cook their own food... i just can't imagine eating out every meal for a week though...
Boy, have you led a sheltered life! :rolleyes:

I've been 2-3 weeks away from home and pretty much had to eat out the entire time.

I once did back-to-back business trips - one week in Europe, home overnight, one week in Japan. I didn't even eat when I got home, I just wanted to sleep. I woke up a 0200 in Tokyo wondering where the heck I was. :biggrin:

Pengwuino - try dating on-line! Maybe you could hook up with a young co-ed who could put you up for the week. :rofl:

Last edited:
Young Emperor Penguin seeks young attractive human. Pet friendly.

Enjoy being single...

Sorry pengwuino, I'm late to bash your threads :)

Get out of the thread yomamma, men are talking.

I see nobody posting in your thread...so, no

Pengwuino said:
Get out of the thread yomamma, men are talking.
:grumpy: Just for that, I'm not going to point Georgina to your thread to help you locate a pet-friendly place to stay in Vancouver. :devil: (She has friends there and visits at least once a year, and was the one who recommended all the things for me to do when I visited there...she's my personal Canadian tourism guide. :biggrin:)

Moonbear said:
:grumpy: Just for that, I'm not going to point Georgina to your thread to help you locate a pet-friendly place to stay in Vancouver. :devil: (She has friends there and visits at least once a year, and was the one who recommended all the things for me to do when I visited there...she's my personal Canadian tourism guide. :biggrin:)

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I didn't mean you!

I didn't mean you!

quit being such a baby

yomamma said:
quit being such a baby

Im just idolizing you :rolleyes:

That would be creepy, but since we all know that you're attemting to be funny, we'll let it go

Pengwuino said:
Young Emperor Penguin seeks young attractive human. Pet friendly.

I am sure i read that most penquins are gay. so i am sure he will get a bf
Cyrus.

I would like the following people banned...

Pengwuino said:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I didn't mean you!
Okay...I promise I'll start shaving more often. :frown: *sniff*

1. What does "This is not relevant to the content provided" mean?

"This is not relevant to the content provided" means that the information or topic being discussed is not related or applicable to the current context or subject matter.

2. Why is it important to stay relevant to the content being discussed?

Staying relevant to the content being discussed is important because it ensures that the information being presented is accurate and applicable to the topic at hand. It also helps to maintain focus and clarity in the discussion.

3. How can I determine if something is relevant to the content provided?

You can determine if something is relevant to the content provided by considering whether it directly relates to the topic being discussed and if it adds value or contributes to the understanding of the subject matter.

4. What should I do if I come across information that is not relevant to the content provided?

If you come across information that is not relevant to the content provided, you should avoid including it in the discussion or presentation. You can also politely redirect the conversation back to the topic at hand.

5. Is it ever acceptable to include information that is not relevant to the content provided?

In certain situations, it may be acceptable to include information that is not directly relevant to the content provided. For example, if it provides additional context or background information that helps to better understand the topic. However, it is important to use discretion and make sure the information is still related to the overall subject matter.