Hotmail and Gmail: Issues with Storage and Email Delivery

• Thread starter Saint
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discussed issues with hotmail and gmail, specifically the delay in increasing hotmail storage capacity and the inability to get replies from gmail. It was also mentioned that signing up for @msn can now provide 2GB of storage. There were also issues with posting on Google and it was suggested to use Yahoo mail or register with rediff for more storage.
Saint
1) Microsoft promised to give free 250MB hotmail from 1st July, but until now my hotmail storage capacity is not increased, why?

2) I send my email to queue for Gmail several times, but still can't get its reply, why?

Computer science news on Phys.org
1) i dunno. hotmail is sloppy i guess. i hear if you sign up for @msn you will get 2GB now.

2) I haven't gotten invites in weeks, I'm sure the same is true for others.

I have the same problem, I couldn't post anything in google anymore...
What happened in google ? :(

Sorry, not the same, I amnot using gmail, I wanted to post in google but "forbidden" ? True !
How can I post again ?

1. What is the issue with storage in Hotmail and Gmail?

The main issue with storage in Hotmail and Gmail is the limited amount of space available for free accounts. Hotmail offers 5GB of storage, while Gmail offers 15GB. If users exceed their storage limit, they will not be able to send or receive new emails until they delete some messages to free up space.

2. Can I increase my storage in Hotmail and Gmail?

Yes, both Hotmail and Gmail offer paid options for additional storage. Hotmail's paid option allows users to upgrade to 50GB of storage, while Gmail's paid option offers up to 30TB of storage.

3. Why are my emails not getting delivered in Hotmail and Gmail?

There could be several reasons for emails not getting delivered in Hotmail and Gmail. Some common reasons include a full inbox, incorrect email address, or the email being flagged as spam by the recipient's email provider. It is also possible that there may be technical issues on the email server's end.

4. How can I ensure my emails are delivered in Hotmail and Gmail?

To increase the chances of your emails being delivered in Hotmail and Gmail, make sure to regularly delete old emails to free up space in your inbox. Also, double-check that the email address you are sending to is correct and not on a spam list. If you continue to have delivery issues, you can contact the email provider for further assistance.

5. Is there a difference in email delivery between Hotmail and Gmail?

In general, there is no significant difference in email delivery between Hotmail and Gmail. Both use similar methods for delivering emails, and any issues with delivery are typically related to the factors mentioned above (storage, incorrect address, etc.). However, some email providers may have stricter spam filters, which could affect delivery rates.