Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Houston Labs

1. Feb 27, 2006 #1
    You probrbaly know that Texas is a hotspot for Science and Technology.

I happen to be in Houston. While there's really no such thing as a Science company we do have labs. WHile there are alot in The Medical center doing research in the biomedical feilds I want to know are there any major labs in Houston.

Big ones like goverment or corporate labs with hundreds of employees. I know we've got NASA but I don't know if there are any really big laboratory areas down there.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 28, 2006 #2

Mk

I work at Area 52 120 miles south of Houston as secretary. They experiment with chemical engineering. It seems quite alien to me sometimes.

4. Feb 28, 2006 #3

Astronuc

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Exxon and Shell have research labs in Houston. I lived near the Shell facility, about 30 years ago, and I spent time at the Exxon facility 30+ years ago when I was in Explorer Scouts.

There are places like Houston Advanced Research Center - http://www.harc.edu/harc/Content/About/ShowStatic.aspx/8 [Broken]

Universities like U of H and Rice have research facilities.

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2017
  5. Feb 28, 2006 #4
    Are 52, ist that what they really call it? I've neer heard of it.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook