1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Houston Labs

1. Feb 27, 2006 #1
    You probrbaly know that Texas is a hotspot for Science and Technology.

I happen to be in Houston. While there's really no such thing as a Science company we do have labs. WHile there are alot in The Medical center doing research in the biomedical feilds I want to know are there any major labs in Houston.

Big ones like goverment or corporate labs with hundreds of employees. I know we've got NASA but I don't know if there are any really big laboratory areas down there.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 28, 2006 #2

Mk

I work at Area 52 120 miles south of Houston as secretary. They experiment with chemical engineering. It seems quite alien to me sometimes.

4. Feb 28, 2006 #3

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Exxon and Shell have research labs in Houston. I lived near the Shell facility, about 30 years ago, and I spent time at the Exxon facility 30+ years ago when I was in Explorer Scouts.

There are places like Houston Advanced Research Center - http://www.harc.edu/harc/Content/About/ShowStatic.aspx/8

Universities like U of H and Rice have research facilities.

5. Feb 28, 2006 #4
    Are 52, ist that what they really call it? I've neer heard of it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?