Chatting with PF Members - A Fun Way to Connect

• Thread starter STAii
  • Start date
In summary, the idea of adding a chat feature to the PF website has been discussed among members. The suggestion is to have a chat box on the side of the page for members to exchange words with each other in real-time. This concept has been successfully implemented on other forums, such as philosophyforums.com, where it allows for more immediate communication without taking away from the forum's purpose. The community is excited about this potential addition and is proud of the creator's efforts.
STAii
The PF members have always talked about the chat events.
So i was thinking, what about making a little 'chat box' that will show on the side of the page, where you can exchange some words with the members online ?
It will be really cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
philosophyforums.com has a shoutbox, which i use frequently...it's not as quick as a chat room (which i think takes away from the whole forum concept), yet it's more instant then the forums if you just want to say Hey!

Don't worry, we've got a lot of great additions planned. :smile:

Oooh, this is all so exciting. Good work, Greg! We're all very proud of you!
:wink:

1. What is "Chatting with PF Members"?

"Chatting with PF Members" is a fun way for members of the PF (Personal Finance) community to connect and get to know each other. It is a virtual chat room where members can discuss various topics related to personal finance, share tips and advice, and form connections with others who share similar interests.

2. How do I join the "Chatting with PF Members" chat room?

To join the chat room, you must first be a member of the PF community. Once you have created an account and logged in, you can access the chat room by clicking on the "Chat" button in the main menu. This will take you to the chat room where you can start chatting with other members.

3. Is the chat room moderated?

Yes, the chat room is moderated by PF community moderators to ensure that all conversations remain respectful and relevant. Any inappropriate behavior or language will not be tolerated and may result in a ban from the chat room.

4. Can I suggest topics for discussion in the chat room?

Yes, we encourage members to suggest topics for discussion in the chat room. You can do so by messaging a moderator or posting your suggestions in the community forum. We are always open to new ideas and want to make sure the chat room is a valuable resource for our members.

5. Are there any rules or guidelines for participating in the chat room?

Yes, we have a set of community guidelines that must be followed while participating in the chat room. These guidelines include being respectful to others, avoiding hate speech and discrimination, and refraining from promoting any products or services. Please review the guidelines before joining the chat room to ensure a positive experience for all members.