How accurate can be horoscopes?

• Thread starter Saint
  • Start date
In summary, the horoscope is not serious to the point where one would not go out based on what it said. The horoscope is for fun and to make jokes.
Saint
Do you read your horoscopes daily?
How serious do you treat it?
If the horoscopes say today you may have bad luck if you go out,
will you believe it and keep yourself at home?

I don't believe it at all.

Horoscope is like fortunetelling, just bull****s :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
But they can be fun.

if it is not accurate, how can it be fun ?

Just fun, for the sake of being silly, not serious. You know, to laugh at.

Laughing is immoral

The_Professional said:
Laughing is immoral

I knew it must be. I'm so immoral. Saint always tells me so. :rofl:

mocking is immoral, laughing is healthy

as a student of astrology for 14 years, horoscopes you read in the newspaper, internet, etc are a bunch of BS...they are made up to make money...if you truly want to understand yourself through astrology, get your natal chart done by a reputable astrologist who will tell you what your tendencies are and not what your future holds because every educated and honest astrologer will tell you that YOU are in charge of your choices, goals and aspirations within the boundaries of your personality (what a natal chart may show you) and the experiences you have gone through to mold your perspectives...

*steps off soap box*

I was born in 1969, 20th March, 6:15am,
can you tell me what is my tendency?
How long will i live?
What kind of profession is the most suitable for me?

Actually, there is a formula for death but it is considered unethical for an astrologer to actually do so. I did use the formula and it actually worked for the celebrity I chose.

To do your chart I'd need your place of birth :biggrin:

0TheSwerve0 said:
Actually, there is a formula for death but it is considered unethical for an astrologer to actually do so. I did use the formula and it actually worked for the celebrity I chose.

To do your chart I'd need your place of birth :biggrin:

Penang, malaysia

Saint said:
I was born in 1969, 20th March, 6:15am,
can you tell me what is my tendency?
How long will i live?
What kind of profession is the most suitable for me?

the last two questions are those only you can answer for yourself...to use astrology as prediction is not practicing correctly (IMO).

Ah, I love Maddox.
"DAMN YOU NEPTUNE!" LoL

Kerrie said:
as a student of astrology for 14 years, horoscopes you read in the newspaper, internet, etc are a bunch of BS...they are made up to make money...if you truly want to understand yourself through astrology, get your natal chart done by a reputable astrologist who will tell you what your tendencies are and not what your future holds because every educated and honest astrologer will tell you that YOU are in charge of your choices, goals and aspirations within the boundaries of your personality (what a natal chart may show you) and the experiences you have gone through to mold your perspectives...

*steps off soap box*

Who invented the natal chart and astrology? How was it invented and by what means? I don't understand how a celestial body can suddenly influence you at the time of birth. So the moment your head finds air out of your mom a few stars rain some power down on you and you can now be decribed by a natal chart? I am very confused.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Who invented the natal chart and astrology? How was it invented and by what means? I don't understand how a celestial body can suddenly influence you at the time of birth. So the moment your head finds air out of your mom a few stars rain some power down on you and you can now be decribed by a natal chart? I am very confused.

astrology is extremely ancient in the most basic form, and it is based upon that all of life is one, thus the natal chart is sort of a mirror or reflection of what is going on with the geometric aspects of large planetary bodies...it is based upon the notion that we are of the same material at the most basic level thus the "theory" of astrology:
as above, so below
as within, so without
as the soul, so the universe

the mindset of many today is that we separate ourselves from the natual world instead of remembering we are a part of it...

how about fortune-telling, can it be accurate?

Saint said:
how about fortune-telling, can it be accurate?

Google on cold reading.

Kerrie said:
cute website, unfortunately it shows how ignorant you are on it :rolleyes:

I just don't believe that the alignment of the planets on the day I was born in an only partially sampled volume of 1.33 pi * 1,000,000,000,000 cubic lightyears has anything to do with my tendencies as a human being.

My personal experience with horoscopes is rather hit-or-miss. Then again, most of the ones that I've read were the type that Kerrie said that tried to predict the future, when the real ones (?) are just supposed to measure tendencies.

Kerrie, I've never gotten a natal chart done before, perhaps these natal charts hold some sort of insight compared to the standard horoscopes that plague the internet. Ill try to keep an open mind about things, but being both inquisitive, curious, and skeptical at the same time tends to leave me confused more often than not :yuck: .

Zlex said:
I just don't believe that the alignment of the planets on the day I was born in an only partially sampled volume of 1.33 pi * 1,000,000,000,000 cubic lightyears has anything to do with my tendencies as a human being.

read my above description of astrology instead of your daily horoscope from the newspaper, keeping an unbiased perspective...

0TheSwerve0 said:
For starters, here's your chart Saint

I'm presently worming out all the secrets from it :eek:

i use astro.com as well, but the image doesn't show with that link?

saint~swerve is providing a service that costs $50-$100 normally...this is really generous of her to interpret.

MIH~the 5th house tends to portray morals typically...i would be curious to know what aspects saint has to this house or any of the planets residing with in it...in this forum, he does tend to focus on morality and children (also governed by the fifth house)...

Kerrie, I've never gotten a natal chart done before, perhaps these natal charts hold some sort of insight compared to the standard horoscopes that plague the internet. Ill try to keep an open mind about things, but being both inquisitive, curious, and skeptical at the same time tends to leave me confused more often than not

i am glad one skeptic is not so biased...yes, the internet is full of astrology BS that try to tell you who you are. what many skeptics don't know is how much astrology is based on geometry, astronomy and pyschology...it's the subjective intepretation of all of these that cannot be pinned down to a science because a true astrologist recognizes that we have free choice in what we do or become in our lives...astrology is sort of a "genetic" code of your personality, you might have strong tendencies in one area of your life but can control it by free choice...often i have found that parents and their children have many similarities in their chart!

swerve~good to see someone else who has a solid grounding of astrology then just me :smile:

Last edited:
Hmmm, any reason why it would expire?Try this

The problem is conveying all that information concisely.
I wonder if I could do charts for extra money in college. :smile:

Wow! See that Venus in the 2nd house Saint? That explains your love for the good life! And the Sun in your first house I would be inclined to say that you have an exceptional self confidence and leadership skills. Lots of activity in the 7th house, house of marriage...how's the wife these days? :tongue2: Mars near the MC, which could show high motivation for your career?

Kerrie said:
cute website, unfortunately it shows how ignorant you are on it :rolleyes:

I thought you had the same opinion of horoscopes. :confused:

Kerrie, do you use Koch or Placidus? It's set Placidus, but I've heard Koch is also good for natal charts.

Tom Mattson said:
I thought you had the same opinion of horoscopes. :confused:

Tom, this is from the first paragraph of the link:

While we're at it, let's stop using the phrase "I'm not religious, I'm spiritual." Every time I hear anyone call themselves "spiritual," it's just after they mention astrology and just before I land a flying elbow to their ovaries (as anyone who believes in astrology is undoubtedly a woman who needs to be punched in the crotch

Blatantly ignorant...it also stereotypes those who think they know something of astrology and those who understand how it works as one group of people, which is not the reality...

the source of the website comes from one arrogant and self-righteous author, and his/her attitude that most of our quality members here are above.

as a teacher of science Tom, you should do your homework on something like this before condoning it :wink:

0TheSwerve0 said:
Kerrie, do you use Koch or Placidus? It's set Placidus, but I've heard Koch is also good for natal charts.

placidus, i have yet to learn about koch...when life lends me some time, i will read up on it!

I always found this webpage properly conveys my opinion of horoscopes.

http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=astrology

Ha! I love Maddox! I got one of his shirts with his picture that looks like El Che and people ask me if I'm a communist.

Kerrie said:
as a teacher of science Tom, you should do your homework on something like this before condoning it :wink:

But it was so funny! :redface: