How accurate can be horoscopes?

• Thread starter Saint
  • Start date
In summary, the horoscope is not serious to the point where one would not go out based on what it said. The horoscope is for fun and to make jokes.
Saint said:
:rofl:

could be accurate

When you sufficiently twist the words to suit your meaning, yes.

Physics news on Phys.org
From a session on this with loseyourname -

The moment of birth is the first time we are truly separate and seen as an individual. It is the first time we draw breath and live alone. In essence, it's the progression from Pisces (the myth where the self is the universe and are not separate) into Aries(the baby of the zodiac that has just become a self). In the womb, there is no sense of an individual or separate identity. Really, we don't have any reason to even have the concept of oneness or otherness because there is only us, only physical sensations.

Also, a personal thought on crying babies.
I thought that crying was a sign that a newborn is reacting to the "painful" separation of birth. The baby realizes on some level, immediately the sensory level, that his situation has changed and that he has been separated from his old, comfortable way of life drifting in that oh so nice hot tub, the amniotic sac.

Moonbear said:
Hey, Saint, maybe you should learn more about astrology so you can read those charts yourself. It might get you closer to those millions than whatever you're doing now. At $120 a pop for an amateur reading (I'm assuming amature TheSwerve, based on your other comments here, no offense intended by that), imagine how much you could earn with more practice!

Kerrie or TheSwerve, I'm going to ask to clarify something that was brought up earlier. Someone had indicated skepticism about how the alignment of a handful a known planets at the moment of their birth could affect them during their lifetime. I admit to being similarly skeptical about this. Why at birth? Why not the alignment of the planets when I turned 13 or 16 or 21 or 30? Do natal charts change every year with the events that have occurred in the previous year? Otherwise, I don't understand why the alignment of planets in that one minute of time could be so much more important than any other time in life.

one myth is that the planets do "affect" you, when astrology sees the planets as a mere reflection of your tendencies...

Kerrie said:
one myth is that the planets do "affect" you, when astrology sees the planets as a mere reflection of your tendencies...

So my tendencies determine the position of the planets?

Ok that makes even less sense.

- Astrology is based on the idea that a force exists in the universe which moves everything. It is believed that this force moves in cycles (the circle IS the most perfect and eternal of the shapes). Astrology then, is the study of cycles. Astrology does not claim that the planets have any direct impact on individuals in any way, shape, or form. It works because the same force that moves the planets also moves us. We are all part of the same universe, and we all follow the same cycles and patterns.