How accurate were the guns

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
encorp
Isn't that an oxymoron? :tongue:
The appellation "hippy" is no insult to me whatsoever. Despite my home of Alberta being touted as the "Bible Belt" of Canada, it has nothing at all compared to southern Ontario. I was stuck down there for 13 years. When I was 16, my hair started to creep down to almost the tops of my ears. I received death threats, from not only fellow students but also their parents, if I didn't get a haircut. I was a "hippy". Didn't matter that I didn't drink, take drugs, party, and had a perverse attraction to astrophysics... my hair was more than 1/2" long, so I was an evil influence. Needless to say, I never cut my hair again until the end of Grade 12. For one reason or another, those who threatened me slipped off of the map.

I grew up in Southern Ontario. I had longish hair when I was younger.. one my way home I used to pass by a Barbour shop that was owned by a family friend of something like 60+ years, his grandfather was my grandmothers good friend etc etc

One day while walking past I got grabbed by my shoulders and one ear by the older guy and his son, dragged into the shop and held down while they shaved my head short - then sent me on my way but not before telling me my father had instructed them to "cut his damned hair off". lol

Danger
Gold Member
I grew up in Southern Ontario. I had longish hair when I was younger.. one my way home I used to pass by a Barbour shop that was owned by a family friend of something like 60+ years, his grandfather was my grandmothers good friend etc etc

One day while walking past I got grabbed by my shoulders and one ear by the older guy and his son, dragged into the shop and held down while they shaved my head short - then sent me on my way but not before telling me my father had instructed them to "cut his damned hair off". lol

How far south? And when? I was 2 miles north of Ruthven, 5 miles out of Leamington, 35 miles SE of Windsor/Detroit. I was there from '65 to '78, and the hair thing (meaning high-school days) occurred from '70 to '74.

I am an avid hunter and I cut down trees to burn in my wood-stove.

not a lawyer, ... but a hunter ... well, same killer instinct at least.

Tough crowd here. Trees, forests, animals and Danger's enemies are all slipping off the map. :smile:

DaveC426913
Gold Member
How far south? And when? I was 2 miles north of Ruthven, 5 miles out of Leamington, 35 miles SE of Windsor/Detroit. I was there from '65 to '78, and the hair thing (meaning high-school days) occurred from '70 to '74.

Ah. Land of latex rubber gloves...
:eek:

encorp

Wellll. I was in Niagara. But I have lived in Windsor before... for a bout a year...

My hair thing was high school days, although it's long again now too.. but I wasn't even born until 82' LOL! So it wasn't -that- big of a deal for me.

Danger
Gold Member
I wasn't even born until 82' LOL!

Bloody 'ell, lad! I'm wearing socks that are older than you!

edit: And before some smartass chirps up... I washed them last month.

DaveC426913
Gold Member
:confused:

I went for a weekend trip through S.Ontario a few years back.
When I left my hotel to seek a movie, a local said "Movie theatre?? Sure, I think there's one off Windsor way about an hour..."

Anyway, in the course of an hour of dropping in on a half dozen corner variety stores, I saw more racks of latex rubber gloves than I have ever seen in my entire life. Every single store had at least one giant shelf, ten nooks broad and five high, filled with every variety of latex rubber gloves.

Not hardware stores, mind. convenience stores. The kind that are open all night.

My wife and I spent very little time speculating as to why so many Leamingtonians needed late night access to the perfect size, quality and grip of a pair of latex rubber gloves.

We hightailed it back to civilization faster than http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068473/" [Broken]...

Last edited by a moderator:
Danger
Gold Member
My wife and I spent very little time speculating as to why so many Leamingtonians needed late night access to the perfect size, quality and grip of a pair of latex rubber gloves.

Okay... Leamington had one convenience store when I left. There was an A&P, an old-folk's home, a funeral parlour, (briefly) the factory where I worked (Speedbelt Canada), and the main plant of Heinz Canada. If you had seen the number of tipped-over wagons of rotten tomatoes being skip-shoveled out of the ditch to be sent back on their way back to the plant, you would never eat ketchup again. :eek:
Believe it or not, I've never seen "Deliverance" and have no interest in doing so.

wolram
Gold Member

Amazing, Leamington is just 6 miles from me.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Small world :smile:.

And apparently, one with a shortage of place names.

Danger
Gold Member

Well, what the hell are you waiting for, man? Grab a tomater and meet me at the Devonshire Mall.

DaveC426913
Gold Member
Believe it or not, I've never seen "Deliverance" and have no interest in doing so.
It's actually a very good film. Good like Jaws.

Well, what the hell are you waiting for, man? Grab a tomater and meet me at the Devonshire Mall.
Was that there back then?
I just drove past that last week. (Went to Windsor). I thought Devonshire Mall was recent.

Danger
Gold Member
It's actually a very good film. Good like Jaws.

Was that there back then?
I just drove past that last week. (Went to Windsor). I thought Devonshire Mall was recent.

Yeah, I thought that Jaws sucked.
I will have you know that the Devonshire was built when I was in first year high-school Grade 9 ('70). I had the singular pleasure of causing chaos in that realm. All of we kids carried rolled up posters that we bought in one of the local shops. So one day I brought my own pre-purchased poster... filled with laundry detergent. I casually tipped its contents into the central fountain and lingered to watch as the centre of the mall filled with foam. :devil:

DaveC426913
Gold Member
Yeah, I thought that Jaws sucked.
Get off my planet.

Danger
Gold Member
Get off my planet.

Even though you appear to be solar-powered (based upon your hairline), my roots run deep. My planet is not up for grabs without a scrap.

wolram
Gold Member
Guns to hairlines in 41 posts, must be a pf record.

Borek
Mentor

Which way - that long, or that fast?

Of course, hairlines to guns can occur much faster.

FlexGunship
Gold Member
Of course, hairlines to guns can occur much faster.

YEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

flowbee.jpg

wolram
Gold Member
Which way - that long, or that fast?

That fast.