Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How bad can your day be?

1. Dec 30, 2007 #1
    how bad can your day be??

Hellooooooo everyone, today was a very very bad day for me a horrible day. for the very first time I feel a loser. I just surrender and guess what I smiled – usually I get really angry and *&#@% or @$%^> what ever - this day is my worst day ever I don't know how to deal with it to cure this feeling… I'll find a way, anyhow I come up with this idea why don't you guys tell us what will make your day the worst ever??:rolleyes:

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 30, 2007 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

The day my youngest brother died, 3 days after my birthday. I was 8.5 years older, and he was only 34, leaving behind a 3-yr old son and young wife.

4. Dec 30, 2007 #3

wolram

Gold Member

Hey Astro that was bad, sort of turn ones guts bad.

5. Dec 30, 2007 #4

...I don't know what to say.. "sorry" I guess

Last edited: Dec 31, 2007
  6. Dec 30, 2007 #5

wolram

Gold Member

On a some what happier note, i returned home from work to find a river flowing down my drive, it was not effecting any thing so i thought what the heck, then when i went into my bathroom i found water pouring through the ceiling, two water related events in one day,
    have i annoyed some water god? well if i have wait till next time you are so going to get a knuckle sandwich.

7. Dec 30, 2007 #6
    :rofl:

8. Dec 31, 2007 #7

Lisa!

Gold Member

Because I don't want to ruin your day!o:)

9. Dec 31, 2007 #8
    The worst day of my life was the first.

10. Dec 31, 2007 #9
    I will asume my worst day will also be my last day.

11. Dec 31, 2007 #10
    I assume my last day will be my best.

12. Dec 31, 2007 #11
    Some salesman told me that my worst day was my best.

13. Dec 31, 2007 #12

:uhh: don't worry I'll handle it

looks like your whole life is miserable for god's sake...
    you don't really mean that, do you?

now you're gonna tell us what's your problem I think you're just exaggerate things
    or what...

14. Dec 31, 2007 #13
    I'm sure you do not want your parents to hear that do you:frown:

15. Dec 31, 2007 #14

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Maybe you're assuming too much. He could mean:

1) He believes in reincarnation and this could be the life that results in him reaching nirvana.
    2) Life has gotten better every single day of his life and he expects this trend to continue right up to the day he dies.
    3) Your assumption is correct and he's a horribly depressed cynic.

16. Dec 31, 2007 #15
    jimmysnyder won't you say something ?

17. Dec 31, 2007 #16
    Bingo.

18. Dec 31, 2007 #17

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Translation: jimmysnyder was tossed into a pack of wild dogs to be raised and they passed the time by gnawing on his body parts. As his number of body parts have dwindled, life has slowly gotten better.

Key hint: The meanest dog in the pack is named Bingo (with the song about the dog symbolizing jimmysnyder's progressive loss of body parts).

Sometimes, my ability to read between the lines astounds even me.

19. Dec 31, 2007 #18

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

One of the worst days in my life was the day George Bush Jr. got elected. I woke up to the news playing on a hotel TV, and I literally thought I was having a nightmare until I was awake enought to know that it was the awful truth.

I really didn't think it possible that this country would elect someone like him.

As we've seen, my fears were completely justified.

20. Dec 31, 2007 #19

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Sometimes, that is all one can say. I'm sorry you had a bad day.

However, when I compare my worst day with those of others, it puts it in perspective.

I recently read about a man, an ambulance driver in Lebanon, who was driving his family out of a combat zone. A helicopter approached the ambulance and fired two Hellfire missiles. One missile struck the ambulance in the rear door causing it to fly about 20 m through the air into a nearby house.

The man (Abbas Jiha) lost three children (Zeinab, 9 yrs, Hanin, 5 yrs, and Mariam, 2 mo) and his wife, Mona. One of many horrible stories from one of many war zones.

21. Dec 31, 2007 #20
    You're getting colder. But if it's any consolation, I'm astounded too.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?