Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How bout an eonomics forum

1. Aug 23, 2008 #1
    As econophysics is an increasingly important field of physics, and we have forums on other sciences how bout a forum on economics?

personally I've become increasingly interested in economics as a subject and I think that having a foru on economics would be a wonderful opbout the subportunity for people to learn a bit more about the subject.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 23, 2008 #2

Defennder

Homework Helper

Seems as though there are too few threads on economics to justify a forum for it. But at present it looks like the word "Economics" on the Social Sciences forum label is truncated, which may make it harder to locate the proper forum.

4. Aug 23, 2008 #3
    superfluous

marlon

5. Aug 23, 2008 #4
    yeah I hadn't seen it there at all, I would venture to guess that if we created the forum as a separate section a lot more traffic would show up.

EDIT: why would such a forum be superfluous?

6. Aug 23, 2008 #5
    because this is a physics forum and CLEARLY there is not enough interest for this topic

7. Aug 23, 2008 #6

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

That's not how things work here at PF. Now forums get created if and when there is a clear demand for such a forum. At the present time, I would not say that there are enough threads to warrant a new forum for Economics.

8. Aug 23, 2008 #7

Defennder

Homework Helper

I hoped no one missed my suggestion earlier. I propose we remove the word "Archaeology" and replace it with "Economics" since Archaeology is covered by the History and Humanities subforum.

9. Aug 23, 2008 #8
    I've added the full word "economics" now

10. Aug 23, 2008 #9

Defennder

Homework Helper

Right, now it's more visible.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?