• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products via PF Here!

Schools How can I apply for Fall grad school if I'll get my undergrad transcript in may-june?

• Thread starter metalrose
  • Start date
Hi,

This thing just popped into my head. Although I am 2-3 years away from applying for grad school, is there any way to apply for grad school, fall session, if you can get your undergrad transcripts not before may-june?

Typically, applications close before december of the previous year. And during applications, I would require my undergrad transcripts.

But what if I can graduate undergrad. in the coming may/june, i.e. the one after the application deadlines close in december......

Is there any workaround this? Maybe some kind of conditional admission, till i show my official transcripts?

Or do I have no option but to wait more than half a year after graduating and join in the spring sem?

And I also heard that many schools dont have spring sem? Would that considerably reduce the no. of schools I could apply to ?

Re: How can I apply for Fall grad school if I'll get my undergrad transcript in may-j

You just send them your transcript as of the point when you're applying, and they admit (or reject) you based on that. This is what everyone does everywhere. Don't sweat it.

eri

Re: How can I apply for Fall grad school if I'll get my undergrad transcript in may-j

You can get your transcripts at any time; you don't have to wait until you graduate to ask for them. They will include your grades on all classes taken up to that point, and that's what grad schools will judge you based on. Most applications are due nearly a year before you'd start the program, so fall of your senior year.

Thanks guys......!!

You can get your transcripts at any time; you don't have to wait until you graduate to ask for them. They will include your grades on all classes taken up to that point, and that's what grad schools will judge you based on. Most applications are due nearly a year before you'd start the program, so fall of your senior year.
This.