Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How can i be nice?

1. Oct 31, 2006 #1

wolram

Gold Member

To my boss, since all my plans to escape from this place have come to nothing, and i may be here for some time yet, i thought i should try to be nicer to my boss'es, trouble is i do not know how, i have got away with some serious remarks in the past, it is not that i am afeared of them any more now than in the past, it is i would like things to go a bit smoother,
    so how can i be nicer to them whithout seeming to be toady.
    I know i will hate myself after a week or two of being Mr nice guy, but i am willing to suffer.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 31, 2006 #2
    Happy, smiling employees are like that because they're embezzling something.

4. Oct 31, 2006 #3

wolram

Gold Member

I know my name can be linked to an old time outlaw, but i do not want to become a hood :biggrin:

5. Oct 31, 2006 #4
    Just be mean to them less.

6. Oct 31, 2006 #5

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Do what they ask without question or comment. That would probably be a good start.

7. Oct 31, 2006 #6

turbo

Gold Member

Marlow Hood - that was a bad rascal! Didn't he get hanged for overstating profits? In for a penny, in for a pound/

8. Oct 31, 2006 #7

wolram

Gold Member

No you have picked the famous side of my family :frown: none of them got hanged AFAIK.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?