How can i be nice? (1 Viewer)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

wolram

Gold Member
4,108
548
To my boss, since all my plans to escape from this place have come to nothing, and i may be here for some time yet, i thought i should try to be nicer to my boss'es, trouble is i do not know how, i have got away with some serious remarks in the past, it is not that i am afeared of them any more now than in the past, it is i would like things to go a bit smoother,
so how can i be nicer to them whithout seeming to be toady.
I know i will hate myself after a week or two of being Mr nice guy, but i am willing to suffer.
 
R

Rach3

Guest
Happy, smiling employees are like that because they're embezzling something.
 

wolram

Gold Member
4,108
548
Rach3 said:
Happy, smiling employees are like that because they're embezzling something.
I know my name can be linked to an old time outlaw, but i do not want to become a hood :biggrin:
 
Just be mean to them less.
 

DaveC426913

Gold Member
17,752
1,501
Do what they ask without question or comment. That would probably be a good start.
 

turbo

Gold Member
2,760
43
wolram said:
I know my name can be linked to an old time outlaw, but i do not want to become a hood :biggrin:
Marlow Hood - that was a bad rascal! Didn't he get hanged for overstating profits? In for a penny, in for a pound/
 

wolram

Gold Member
4,108
548
turbo-1 said:
Marlow Hood - that was a bad rascal! Didn't he get hanged for overstating profits? In for a penny, in for a pound/
No you have picked the famous side of my family :frown: none of them got hanged AFAIK.
 

The Physics Forums Way

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving
Top