Where Can I Find and Purchase Cheap International Edition Textbooks Online?

• Studying
  • Thread starter mathwurkz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Textbooks
In summary, there are several websites and online marketplaces where one can find and purchase cheap international edition textbooks. These include popular platforms like Amazon, eBay, and Chegg, as well as specialized websites like International Edition Textbooks and TextbookRush. It is important to carefully review the seller's ratings and feedback before making a purchase, and to check for any potential differences between the international edition and the US edition of the textbook. Additionally, students can also consider renting or buying used textbooks to save money on their academic expenses.
JasonRox said:
The whole point is that some people flat out can't afford the books, but have the ability to read them, understand them, and make more out of the book than those who buy them.

That's why we have libraries. Even if your local college or university has awful resources, many participate in interlibrary loans. More and more solid free (legal) materials are appearing online in electric form these days, there's not much of an excuse to steal books in my opinion.

For deals on books, I've made it a habit to go into every used book store and book sale I pass. Math texts are sometimes horribly undervalued. I picked up baby rudin in an "all the books you can carry for a dollar" sale. Another good source is math departments in the spring time. I've walked past many an abandoned text that was no longer needed (free sample copies from publishers, old editions, etc.).

International editions always annoyed me being softcover. I know that's not the sole reason they are cheaper, but I would usually be willing to pay less for a softcover option. Which reminds me of Dover, good source for cheap texts. They're quality too, while I've damaged some of the covers horribly in my bag, I've never had one fall apart on me.

Physics news on Phys.org
LeonhardEuler said:
If you read the rest of the article it talks about publishers putting stickers on the books that say "International Edition RESTRICTED Not for Sale in North America" and also about getting books from asia. I'm pretty sure that they can't restrict idividuals from selling any of there books to people in other countries. They restrict wholesalers from buying foriegn books through their contracts.

edit: oh, by the way I have the international edition of Griffiths. I think it costed something like $30.

Did you get this book online?

Why don't you try to search amazon sites or book stores ?
No matter what the book cover mentions, for international students only or for public, for sale only in US or anywhere else, the book once publised is for everyone.

That Indian site...

Are the books really that much cheaper.

Most of the books I looked up are around 4000 rupees, which is around 47 pounds.

J77 said:
That Indian site...

Are the books really that much cheaper.

Most of the books I looked up are around 4000 rupees, which is around 47 pounds.
Those are the US/UK editions. Go to the advanced search and check the 'Special Priced Indian Edition Only' box (this is the only reason I visit that site). The search might not work properly at all times. In that case, just try various combinations using the author's name and the title/subject of the book.