Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How can i connect two pc through USB

1. Apr 26, 2005 #1
    i have a problem. how can i connect two pc's thruogh USB, the problem is, i want to know basics that is i want how its work, i dont want to just connect but i want to make that software which makes connection but i need the easiest way to do so. thank you
    Afzaal Ahmad

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 26, 2005 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I do not think a network connection can be established through a USB cord. You can put 2 USB network adapters in and use a CAT5 line to connect the computers. Do you really know how to program?

4. Apr 27, 2005 #3
    I have done this with a special USB lead (connections mirror imaged at either end) and a program called PC linq or PC link or something like that. It was cheap, quick and simple. PC linq sell the lead and the program. Try a search on Google

5. Apr 28, 2005 #4

The easiest way to do it is to use CAT5 cables and set up a a basic network.

I'm not sure why you would want to connect them through USB.

6. Apr 28, 2005 #5

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I wanted to do it through USB because i thought it would be super convenient. Setting up a real network is a lil harder though but bleh, i was just a kid :D

7. Apr 28, 2005 #6

So it was the new shiney fetish that got you?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?