1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How can i connect two pc through USB

1. Apr 26, 2005 #1
    i have a problem. how can i connect two pc's thruogh USB, the problem is, i want to know basics that is i want how its work, i dont want to just connect but i want to make that software which makes connection but i need the easiest way to do so. thank you
    Afzaal Ahmad

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 26, 2005 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I do not think a network connection can be established through a USB cord. You can put 2 USB network adapters in and use a CAT5 line to connect the computers. Do you really know how to program?

4. Apr 27, 2005 #3
    I have done this with a special USB lead (connections mirror imaged at either end) and a program called PC linq or PC link or something like that. It was cheap, quick and simple. PC linq sell the lead and the program. Try a search on Google

5. Apr 28, 2005 #4

The easiest way to do it is to use CAT5 cables and set up a a basic network.

I'm not sure why you would want to connect them through USB.

6. Apr 28, 2005 #5

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I wanted to do it through USB because i thought it would be super convenient. Setting up a real network is a lil harder though but bleh, i was just a kid :D

7. Apr 28, 2005 #6

So it was the new shiney fetish that got you?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?