Finding the Coefficient of x^2*y^3*z in a Polynomial Expansion

• Thread starter yaho8888
  • Start date
In summary, Before approaching a problem, carefully read and understand the instructions. Break the problem down into smaller steps and consider using various strategies such as making a list, drawing a diagram, or working backwards. If you get stuck, take a break and seek help or do some research. To check your answer, work backwards or use a calculator. To improve your problem-solving skills, practice and review your mistakes. Seek help when needed.
yaho8888
What is the coeffcient of x^2*y^3*z in the polynomial(2x-y^2+3z)^6?
please give me an example, and how do i deal with coeffienct that is inside the function 2, -1, and 3.

Physics news on Phys.org
You could always do it the long way...and multiply it all out and see what the coefficient is...but I imagine you're asking is there an easier way right?

The coefficient x^2*y^3*z is really easy. Are you sure you didn't mean x^2*y^6*z ?

1. How do I approach this problem?

Before starting the problem, it is important to read the instructions carefully and understand what is being asked. Then, break the problem down into smaller, manageable steps. It may also be helpful to look for similar problems or examples to get an idea of how to solve it.

2. What strategies can I use to solve this problem?

There are various strategies that can be used to solve a problem, such as making a list, drawing a diagram, using equations or formulas, or working backwards. It is important to choose a strategy that works best for you and the problem at hand.

3. What should I do if I get stuck on a problem?

If you get stuck on a problem, take a break and come back to it later with a fresh perspective. It may also be helpful to discuss the problem with a classmate or teacher, or do some research to gain a better understanding of the concept.

4. How can I check if my answer is correct?

One way to check your answer is to work backwards, plugging in your solution to the original problem. Another option is to use a calculator or online tool to verify your answer. It is also important to double check your work and make sure all steps were completed accurately.

5. What can I do to improve my problem-solving skills?

Practice makes perfect! The more problems you solve, the better you will become at identifying patterns and applying strategies. It is also helpful to review and reflect on your mistakes, and seek help or guidance when needed.