Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How can I make?

1. Nov 30, 2005 #1
    Hi:biggrin: ,
    I am again, I wanna know How I can make simple rectifier, If you can give me graph for rectifier.

Thanks
    I appreciate it :approve:

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 30, 2005 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

I googled the following for you:

+rectifier +tutorial

and got lots of hits. The first one looks pretty instructive. Hope that helps.

4. Nov 30, 2005 #3
    if he's asking how to build a pn junction i'd think he'd have a hard time getting doped silicon, geranium would probably be easyier, i found a link for a homemade tube diode. maybe i'm reading to much into this. :rolleyes:

5. Nov 30, 2005 #4

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

6. Nov 30, 2005 #5

berkeman

7. Nov 30, 2005 #6
    from what i know back in the day most people would take there tubes to the local hardware store, use the tube tester and buy tubes as needed. working with electronics seemed to have a lot less of a nerdy image back then to.

8. Nov 30, 2005 #7
    Berkeman, you're forgetting that in the old days of electronics it was not uncommon at all to be replacing parts in TVs and radios quite often. I'm sure these sort of things were sold wherever tubes were sold. Quite likely at the corner drugstore.

9. Dec 1, 2005 #8

berkeman

That's funny.... What you said brought back memories from my childhood (late 60's?) of seeing Tube Tester stations in some stores. You'd plug in your tube to see if it was weak, and then you could buy replacement tubes there.

Anyway, sorry that we hijacked your thread, OP. Did you get what you needed?

10. Dec 1, 2005 #9

Ouabache

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Last edited: Dec 2, 2005
  11. Dec 3, 2005 #10
    Hi,
    thanks alot Ouabache, it is so great, I will do it so soon.
    I appreciate it man

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?