How Can I Simplify Trigonometric Expressions in My Homework?

• Thread starter Arsonade
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Homework
In summary, the expert has some problems that they have tried very hard to work on, but have not been successful. They explain that the first problem istanx cosx and that the other problems are along the same line. However, they do not think that they will get much accomplished doing the problem in a fourth dimension. If anyone could help them, they would appreciate it.
Arsonade
i have some problems (37 actually) that i have tried vvery much to work on and have gotten nowhere

just to give you an example, the first one is

tanx cosx i have to simplify this

the first thing i would do is make it

sinx
cos cosx but after this I am stumped. the other problems are along this same idea

i do not think that i will get much acomplished doing this on a fourum so if anyone would be so kind as to help me, my AIM sn is AdamChess4.

thank you and i would really apriciate any help you can give me.

Adam

Physics news on Phys.org
simplify

[tex] tan(x)cos(x) [/tex] ?

[tex] \frac{sin(x)}{cos(x)}cos(x) [/tex].. you can't seriously not know what to do next..

well, i honestly dont, e are just learning this and i am having trouble finding LCDs and factoring these types of operations,
Adam

Arsonade said:
well, i honestly dont, e are just learning this and i am having trouble finding LCDs and factoring these types of operations,
Adam

Ok. In that expression you have sin x/cos x, so you're dividing by cosine. Then you multiply by cosine. What happens?

i'd suggest you brush up on a little algebra before tackling any trig

I can only imagine you are getting intimidated by the sin(x) and cos(x) functions. Try writing y = sin(x) and x = cos(x) then simplify. Hopefully going through this exercise will be helpful.

[tex]\frac{sinx}{cosx}=tanx[/tex]

[tex]\frac{sinx}{cosx} \times cosx[/tex]

The two cosx gets crossed out.

then you get sinx

Maybe I am wrong.

Last edited:
when

x
-- y
y

= x
theres a restriction that y cannot be 0 though, but in most cases its irrelevant

when

x
---
y/x

you change this to multiplication
x * x/y

x^2/y

Hope this helps!

Related to How Can I Simplify Trigonometric Expressions in My Homework?

1. What is the purpose of "Homework Help Needed - 37 Problems - AdamChess4"?

The purpose of "Homework Help Needed - 37 Problems - AdamChess4" is to provide assistance with 37 problems related to a subject, likely for homework or studying purposes.

2. Who is AdamChess4?

AdamChess4 is likely the individual who needs help with their 37 problems. It could be their username or initials followed by a number.

3. What kind of problems are included in "Homework Help Needed - 37 Problems - AdamChess4"?

Without more context, it is difficult to determine the specific type of problems included in this request. However, they could range from math and science problems to writing prompts or reading comprehension questions.

4. Is this a paid service?

There is no information to suggest that this is a paid service. It is possible that AdamChess4 is seeking help from the community for free.

5. How can I provide assistance with "Homework Help Needed - 37 Problems - AdamChess4"?

If you are knowledgeable in the subject and feel comfortable helping, you can respond to the request and offer your assistance. However, please be aware of the community guidelines and be respectful in your response.