How Can I Solve This Complex Physics Problem?

• Thread starter phunphysics2
  • Start date
In summary, The conversation is about a person seeking help with a physics problem and attaching a picture of their work for reference. They also ask for any tips or suggestions and mention a possible error they found. Another person suggests a simpler method for solving the problem and gives their opinion on the correct city for the answer. The original person thanks them for their response and mentions their instructor's preference for showing all calculations.
phunphysics2
Greetings Fellow Physics adorers,

I was wondering if someone could please help me with the problem attached (I took a picture of it because it contains a complex graphic).

I would just like someone to please look at it and see if I am on the right track to solving it. I attached a picture of my work.

Any and all helps, tips, comments, suggestions are much appreciated.

Thank you!

Attachments

• 2012-09-14 09.18.40-1.jpg
    2012-09-14 09.18.40-1.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 364
  • 2012-09-14 09.17.28-1.jpg
    2012-09-14 09.17.28-1.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 340
Physics news on Phys.org
ATTN: I think I caught my error.
Should I be using -45, 154, and -72 degrees instead of the ones I used above?

With those new angles, I got my x to be -16.97 and y to be -24.17 and my resultant vector to be 29.53 and my city to be WALPOLE

Last edited:
Why don't you simply add all the three vectors directly? There's not really a need for any such calculations.

Looking at it quickly, it looks like it could be Dedham.

EDIT: At a closer look, Walpole seems correct.

Greetings Ripe,

Thank you very much for your rapid response.

1. Our instructor likes to see all of that worked out like that.

2. Thanks for your comment about the city. I am glad you also think it is Walpole. (makes me feel better inside since I don't have the answer in the back of the book to check :smile: )

What is the process for catching bank robbers?

The process for catching bank robbers involves a combination of steps such as gathering evidence, conducting interviews, tracking suspects, and coordinating with law enforcement agencies.

How do you identify suspects in a bank robbery case?

Suspects in a bank robbery case can be identified through various means such as witness descriptions, surveillance footage, and forensic evidence.

What role do forensic scientists play in catching bank robbers?

Forensic scientists play a crucial role in catching bank robbers by analyzing evidence such as fingerprints, DNA, and trace evidence left at the crime scene.

What are the challenges faced in catching bank robbers?

The challenges faced in catching bank robbers include the speed at which they can escape, their use of weapons, and the difficulty in tracking them down if they have no prior criminal record.

How can technology aid in catching bank robbers?

Technology can aid in catching bank robbers in various ways, such as surveillance cameras, GPS tracking devices, and forensic tools for analyzing evidence. It can also help in coordinating efforts between different law enforcement agencies.