Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How can i stop being confused

1. Feb 20, 2009 #1

wolram

Gold Member

How can i stop being confused, my resolve is to weak, i should be able to control but am failing, falling to not understanding much i need to control.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 20, 2009 #2
    Re: Confused

maybe you need to see a doctor

4. Feb 20, 2009 #3

wolram

Gold Member

A waste of time is doctors, i would be better with a sooth sayer it is me that shoul heal me self, but am to weak.

5. Feb 20, 2009 #4

i came to the same conclusion and made huge progress without them. it wasn't a matter of willpower though, if that's what you're thinking.

6. Feb 20, 2009 #5

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Have you been able to get much exercise lately, wolram? I find exercise to be a huge help in dealing with stress and other issues. Even a walk or a nice bicycle ride each day makes a nice difference in your outlook.

7. Feb 20, 2009 #6

wolram

Gold Member

I am sorry i should never have have started this thread, i am a lovey dovey guy that would not hurt an insect, i will exercivse more

8. Feb 20, 2009 #7

turbo

Gold Member

Exercise really helps, Woolie. I get lots of mine involuntarily in the winter, like today, shoveling, scooping, and snow-blowing after storms. My driveway is only about 50' long and 15' wide, but I would drop dead trying to clear it without a snow-blower. Our typical winter storms are about a foot or more accumulation at a time.

Good luck, buddy.

9. Feb 20, 2009 #8

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Um, Woolie: you OK? You should prolly stop drinkin' whatever you're drinkin'.

10. Feb 20, 2009 #9

wolram

Gold Member

Oh my i am done.

11. Feb 21, 2009 #10

Ouabache

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I've had to look outside mainstream medicine to give my health a boost.
    I see one of your countrymen (gal), has been looking at some methods that have been in use for quite a long time. Here she reviews http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8yKSolXqY4", from a scientist's perspective. If she's not too far, perhaps you could ring her up on the blower. :wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  12. Feb 21, 2009 #11

I know what it's like,I am a master of the art of confusion. I often find that a trip to the supermarket looking at mops and other floor care products helps.

13. Feb 21, 2009 #12

Ouabache

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

:rofl: I had a college housemate that liked to do something along those lines when stressed from studying, go into town to Krogers and look at the canned goods. !! He was big into making homemade tomato sauce, so plum tomatos was high on the list. :rofl:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  14. Feb 21, 2009 #13

Hi, I have been lurking for some time. I admire the knowledge all of you have. Thank you for Physics Fourm. In response, I go to the greeting card store and look and read the cards...this gets me out of my blue mood.

15. Feb 22, 2009 #14

Ouabache

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I hope you may have a chance to watch some of the clips I posted. They are quite fascinating
    in their own right. From a scientists perspective, keeping an open mind to see
    what actually is going on. There are aspects of healing that people have been
    practising for centuries that modern science is only just beginning to grasp.

Narration by Professor Kathy Sykes from Bristol University (physicist, educator)

For example Herbal Healing: (this is 1st of 3 parts, all 3 parts are available for viewing).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8yKSolXqY4

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  16. Feb 23, 2009 #15

well, herbs are the basis for modern pharmacology.

17. Feb 24, 2009 #16

Ouabache

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Actually http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharmacognosy" [Broken], but yes as scientists, we are aware that individual compounds extracted from plants, synthesized in the lab, were found to have medicinal properties and are now used as such. Salicylates from the willow tree is a common example, one derivative (acetylsalicylic acid) became known as aspirin. However herbalists go quite a bit beyond this. If you watch the rest of these 3 video clips, you will see.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  18. Feb 24, 2009 #17

This is a brilliant thread, let's keep it alive ...

Cheers,
    LoS

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook