Overcoming Confusion: Strategies for Regaining Control and Understanding

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Confused
In summary, Woolie has been struggling with stress and confusion, and has found that exercise and a trip to the supermarket (looking at floor care products) have been helpful.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
How can i stop being confused, my resolve is to weak, i should be able to control but am failing, falling to not understanding much i need to control.

Physics news on Phys.org

maybe you need to see a doctor

A waste of time is doctors, i would be better with a sooth sayer it is me that shoul heal me self, but am to weak.

i came to the same conclusion and made huge progress without them. it wasn't a matter of willpower though, if that's what you're thinking.

Have you been able to get much exercise lately, wolram? I find exercise to be a huge help in dealing with stress and other issues. Even a walk or a nice bicycle ride each day makes a nice difference in your outlook.

berkeman said:
Have you been able to get much exercise lately, wolram? I find exercise to be a huge help in dealing with stress and other issues. Even a walk or a nice bicycle ride each day makes a nice difference in your outlook.

I am sorry i should never have have started this thread, i am a lovey dovey guy that would not hurt an insect, i will exercivse more

Exercise really helps, Woolie. I get lots of mine involuntarily in the winter, like today, shoveling, scooping, and snow-blowing after storms. My driveway is only about 50' long and 15' wide, but I would drop dead trying to clear it without a snow-blower. Our typical winter storms are about a foot or more accumulation at a time.

Good luck, buddy.

Um, Woolie: you OK? You should prolly stop drinkin' whatever you're drinkin'.

turbo-1 said:
Exercise really helps, Woolie. I get lots of mine involuntarily in the winter, like today, shoveling, scooping, and snow-blowing after storms. My driveway is only about 50' long and 15' wide, but I would drop dead trying to clear it without a snow-blower. Our typical winter storms are about a foot or more accumulation at a time.

Good luck, buddy.

Oh my i am done.

I've had to look outside mainstream medicine to give my health a boost.
I see one of your countrymen (gal), has been looking at some methods that have been in use for quite a long time. Here she reviews http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8yKSolXqY4", from a scientist's perspective. If she's not too far, perhaps you could ring her up on the blower. :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

I know what it's like,I am a master of the art of confusion. I often find that a trip to the supermarket looking at mops and other floor care products helps.

Dadface said:
I often find that a trip to the supermarket looking at mops and other floor care products helps.
:rofl: I had a college housemate that liked to do something along those lines when stressed from studying, go into town to Krogers and look at the canned goods. ! He was big into making homemade tomato sauce, so plum tomatos was high on the list. :rofl:

Last edited:

Hi, I have been lurking for some time. I admire the knowledge all of you have. Thank you for Physics Fourm. In response, I go to the greeting card store and look and read the cards...this gets me out of my blue mood.

wolram said:
A waste of time is doctors, i would be better with a sooth sayer it is me that shoul heal me self, but am to weak.
I hope you may have a chance to watch some of the clips I posted. They are quite fascinating
in their own right. From a scientists perspective, keeping an open mind to see
what actually is going on. There are aspects of healing that people have been
practising for centuries that modern science is only just beginning to grasp.

...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8yKSolXqY4", from a scientist's perspective.
Narration by Professor Kathy Sykes from Bristol University (physicist, educator)

For example Herbal Healing: (this is 1st of 3 parts, all 3 parts are available for viewing).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8yKSolXqY4

well, herbs are the basis for modern pharmacology.

Proton Soup said:
well, herbs are the basis for modern pharmacology.
Actually http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharmacognosy" [Broken], but yes as scientists, we are aware that individual compounds extracted from plants, synthesized in the lab, were found to have medicinal properties and are now used as such. Salicylates from the willow tree is a common example, one derivative (acetylsalicylic acid) became known as aspirin. However herbalists go quite a bit beyond this. If you watch the rest of these 3 video clips, you will see.

wolram said:
How can i stop being confused, my resolve is to weak, i should be able to control but am failing, falling to not understanding much i need to control.

This is a brilliant thread, let's keep it alive ...

Cheers,
LoS

1. How can I stop feeling overwhelmed and confused by my work or studies?

The first step to stop feeling confused is to take a break and step back from the situation. Take a few deep breaths and clear your mind. Then, try breaking down your work or studies into smaller and more manageable tasks. This can help you focus on one thing at a time and prevent feeling overwhelmed. Additionally, make sure to prioritize your tasks and set realistic goals for yourself.

2. What can I do to improve my understanding of complex concepts or ideas?

One way to improve your understanding of complex concepts is to ask questions and seek clarification from others, such as your colleagues or professors. You can also try breaking down the concept into simpler parts and connecting them to real-life examples. Another helpful approach is to take notes and create visual aids, such as diagrams or mind maps, to help you better visualize and understand the concept.

3. How can I stop second-guessing myself and make confident decisions?

To make confident decisions, it is important to gather as much information as possible about the situation. This can include researching, consulting with experts, or getting feedback from others. It can also be helpful to consider the potential outcomes and consequences of each decision. Trusting your instincts and being open to taking risks can also help you make more confident decisions.

4. What are some effective ways to organize my thoughts and ideas?

One effective way to organize your thoughts and ideas is to write them down. This can be in the form of a to-do list, a mind map, or just a simple journal. By writing down your thoughts, you can better visualize and prioritize them. Another helpful tip is to group similar ideas together and create a clear structure for your thoughts.

5. How can I avoid feeling confused in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment?

To avoid feeling confused in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment, it is important to stay adaptable and open-minded. Embrace change and be willing to learn new things. Additionally, make sure to communicate effectively with your colleagues or team members to stay updated on any changes. It can also be helpful to take breaks and practice self-care to reduce stress and maintain focus.