How can I write a program to implement this pseudocode for a mini-max algorithm?

shivajikobardan
Homework Statement:
minimax algorithm artificial intelligence
Relevant Equations:
algorithm given below
I found pseudocode for this problem below-:

Code:
def minimax(current node):
    if is_leaf(current_node):
        return static_evaluation(current_node)
    if is_min_node(current_node):
        return min(minimax(children_of(current_node)))
    if is_max_node(current_node):
        return max(minimax(children_of(current_node)))
How do I learn to do it? I have no idea. Learning these stuffs would be immensely useful. I have ok programming experience. Learnt about dsa and stuffs but I don't have any notes from that time and don't remember much stuffs. Know basic python. Know oop but like dsa forgot and don't have the notes...What to do?

Answers and Replies

pbuk
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
How do I learn to do it?

The explanation on Wikipedia is reasonable, with similar pseduocode (although that toggles a flag for alternating player whereas the code above has that information in the node).

shivajikobardan
The explanation on Wikipedia is reasonable, with similar pseduocode (although that toggles a flag for alternating player whereas the code above has that information in the node).
any idea how to implement it?

pbuk
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
any idea how to implement it?
Follow the explanation accompanying the code. I suggest you use the Wikipedia page I linked, the code you posted (which appears to be Python not pseudocode) is rubbish: the first line says that the function minimax has a single node as its only argument but on lines 5 and 6 it is called with what must be a list of nodes.

Suggested for: How can I write a program to implement this pseudocode for a mini-max algorithm?

• Last Post
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies