How can science be against God

• Thread starter drizzle
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Science
In summary: Atheists= no belief in deities.Most scientist I know and talk to are atheist.I am an atheist myself. In summary, most scientists do not believe in a deity, but a few do.
drizzle
Gold Member
How can science be against God!

I don’t and won’t attempt to discus religion. as I know, most well known scientist and physicists do believe in God the one who creates the universe [not all], but I noticed that a number of you guys don’t... in fact, I’m posting this to understand those of you who claim that they are non believers of such a god [Atheists]. Truly, loud and clear DON’T speak about religion [unless if religion itself is the cause of you turning to be an atheist, and don’t mention what religion was it, cause it’s not about comparisons between religions], and what scientific claims are there that proves there is no God?

I really want to know from you guys:smile:

Physics news on Phys.org

drizzle said:
as I know, most well known scientist and physicists do believe in God the one who creates the universe [not all]
You know that? I certainly don't think it's particularly clear. Unless you have actual evidence to back claim like this, you really should avoid them.

I am agnostic, it's good insurance.

Hurkyl said:
You know that? I certainly don't think it's particularly clear. Unless you have actual evidence to back claim like this, you really should avoid them.

fine then, no you're right, but it's not even the point of this thread [and note I did said not all, and that also doesn't necessarily means they're idols if the most are/aren't believers, I just wana say there are both views in the scientific community] I need to hear from the members here what do they think.

I'ld like to do a poll, who does believe in God and who isn't, how can I do it?

Winzer said:
I am agnostic, it's good insurance.

I wana understand please:smile:

drizzle said:
as I know, most well known scientist and physicists do believe in God
As far as I know, most of them don't, and I know quite a bunch of them personally.
drizzle said:
the one who [blablabl]
As far as I know, the few who do have some sort of faith would certainly not express it as naively. Several physicists who are believer and with whom I could talk personally would claim that faith feelings can be described as you share emotions, but not explained rationally and certainly not depicted as a human story, with a hero creating something and a villain trying to destroy it.

drizzle said:
what scientific claims are there that proves there is no God?
I think science and religion play in a different universe. None of them should contradict the other, otherwise it indicates one has conceptual issues with at least one of them. For me, your statement is as good as saying "car mechanics can fix my kitchen cooking".

Last edited:

humanino said:
... For me, your statement is as good as saying "car mechanics can fix my kitchen cooking".

:rofl: ok look I'm not trying to prove who's right or wrong... that was your own words and I want to hear it [:wink:]

Atheists = no belief in deities.

Most scientist I know and talk to are atheist. The ones who DO hold a faith though are as humanino stated not doing so naively. And most don't follow religious scripture as innerent.

I myself would consider myself an atheist... but I still believe something brought about the existence of our universe... but that's in another thread. You can go read it if you like. https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=314292

This isn't philosophy. Just an opinion poll.

1. Can science and religion coexist?

Yes, science and religion can coexist. While science seeks to explain the physical world through evidence and experimentation, religion focuses on spiritual beliefs and values. Both can provide different perspectives and serve different purposes in understanding the world.

2. Does scientific evidence disprove the existence of God?

No, scientific evidence cannot disprove the existence of God. Science deals with the physical world and cannot prove or disprove the existence of a higher power. Belief in God is a matter of faith, not scientific evidence.

3. How can science explain the creation of the universe and life?

Science offers theories and explanations for the origins of the universe and life, such as the Big Bang Theory and the theory of evolution. However, these theories do not necessarily contradict the idea of a higher power or creator. Many religious beliefs incorporate these scientific theories into their understanding of creation.

4. Do scientific advancements make God irrelevant?

No, scientific advancements do not make God irrelevant. While science can explain many phenomena and improve our understanding of the world, it cannot address questions of meaning, morality, and purpose. These are aspects that religion and spirituality can provide.

5. Can science and faith work together?

Yes, science and faith can work together. Many scientists have religious beliefs and see no conflict between their work in science and their faith. Science and faith can complement each other, as they both seek to understand the world and our place in it.