Showing Image in Post: How to Do It | Physics Forums

• Thread starter Clausius2
  • Start date
In summary, to show an image in a post on Physics Forums, click "go advanced" and then "manage attachments." Only image formats like .gif and .jpeg will be shown as thumbnails, while other attachments will appear as icons. This has been confirmed by user Daniel.
Physics news on Phys.org
Click "go advanced," then scroll down and click "manage attachments." I think after you have added an attachment it has to get approved.

Yes,in that case,it's an image format (gif,jpeg) and it gets shown as a thumbnail.Other attachments,obviously not...

Daniel.

Are exclusively only image formats like .gif and .jpeg shown as "thumbnails" ?

Every attachment I have made so far (usually they're .bmp) are shown as an icon, but not as an image inside the post.

Yes.I've posted several formats (lately .gif and zipped .pdf) and "thumbnails" are only .gif & .jpeg.

Daniel.

1. How do I insert an image into a post on Physics Forums?

To insert an image into a post on Physics Forums, you can use the image icon located in the formatting toolbar above the post editor. This will allow you to upload an image from your computer or provide a link to an image online.

2. Can I resize the image once it is inserted into the post?

Yes, you can resize the image by clicking on it and dragging the corners to adjust its size. You can also use the image properties box to specify a specific width and height for the image.

3. What type of image formats are supported on Physics Forums?

Physics Forums supports a wide variety of image formats including JPEG, PNG, GIF, and BMP. However, it is recommended to use JPEG or PNG for better image quality.

4. Is there a limit to the size of the image that I can insert into a post?

Yes, there is a size limit for images on Physics Forums. The maximum image size allowed is 1 MB. If your image is larger than this, it is recommended to resize it before uploading.

5. Can I add multiple images in a single post?

Yes, you can add multiple images in a single post by clicking on the image icon and uploading or linking to each image separately. You can then rearrange the images by dragging and dropping them within the post editor.