How can we do it the other way

• Thread starter mikhailpavel
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about finding the velocity of a bat using simple physics formulas without utilizing the Doppler effect or other phenomena. The person has attempted to use the equation t=1/f but has not made much progress. They are wondering if the equations for the Doppler effect or relative velocity can be used instead. They have also been asked if they have looked at the derivation of the Doppler formula.
mikhailpavel

Homework Statement

I was thinking about the problem. There is a bat which is at rest and sends a sound of frequncy of 450 khz. another bat flying towards it hears it as a sound of frequency of 457 hz. i was trying to know the velocity of the second bat using simple physics formula or without using doppler's effect or other phenomena.

Homework Equations

i tried to do this by using t= 1/f but to say the truth didnt go any farther. and i don't have any idea about the relevancy. may the v=lambda *frequency and t=1/f will help.

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
Did you look at the equations for the Doppler effect.

Ya i have solved using doppler effect. i was thinking if it can be used using relative velocity phenomena.

mikhailpavel said:
Ya i have solved using doppler effect. i was thinking if it can be used using relative velocity phenomena.

Have you looked at the derivation of the Doppler formula?

Related to How can we do it the other way

What is the other way?

The "other way" refers to an alternative method or approach to achieving a certain goal or outcome. It may involve different steps, tools, or strategies than the current method being used.

Why should we consider doing it the other way?

There are several reasons why it may be beneficial to consider an alternative approach. This could include increasing efficiency, reducing costs, improving outcomes, or adapting to new technologies or circumstances.

How do we determine if the other way is better?

The best way to determine if the other way is better is through experimentation and comparison. This could involve conducting tests or trials to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of the alternative method compared to the current one.

What are the potential risks or drawbacks of doing it the other way?

Before implementing any new method, it is important to consider the potential risks and drawbacks. This could include factors such as increased costs, longer implementation time, or potential negative impacts on stakeholders.

How can we successfully transition to the other way?

To successfully transition to the other way, it is important to have a clear plan in place. This could involve training employees, updating processes and procedures, and communicating the changes to stakeholders. It is also important to monitor and evaluate the transition to ensure it is going smoothly and make adjustments as needed.