How can you live in New York?

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date

Pengwuino

Gold Member
So i was reading this article and i saw that the average housing price in New York is $1.3 million

How can people live in that city??!?! People here in California are damn well near going on murderous streaks of rage because houses are hitting $400,000! I couldn't imagine working 50 years of my life to simply buy an average house/apartment there. How do people do this??

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Normal people either rent apartments in the city or live out of the city, they aren't buying in the city. That's for the rich and famous. :tongue2:

cronxeh

Gold Member
yes thank you Moonie

Now back to my PM box to clear out the gazillion messages I've received for marriage proposals from all the PF ladies here :grumpy:

For the last time.. I do not have millions in my pants!

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
cronxeh said:
For the last time.. I do not have millions in my pants!
Oh, so many ways to respond to this and I just can't make up my mind which to say. :biggrin:

FredGarvin

Science Advisor
Pengwuino said:
How can people live in that city??!?!?
They're called Long Island and New Jersey. Although, my house on LI increased in value by an INSANE amount in just two years. I wasn't complaining when I sold.

Pengwuino said:
So i was reading this article and i saw that the average housing price in New York is $1.3 million
There's quite a few apartments in the city that if you're lucky, would only cost you $3000,000-$400,000. But they're usually one bedroom :yuck:

Moonbear said:
Normal people either rent apartments in the city or live out of the city, they aren't buying in the city. That's for the rich and famous. :tongue2:
Moonbear, but to me, you are famous and rich. :D I think so

Physics Forums Values

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving