Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How can you live in New York?

1. Jun 15, 2005 #1

Pengwuino

Gold Member

So i was reading this article and i saw that the average housing price in New York is $1.3 million

How can people live in that city??!?! People here in California are damn well near going on murderous streaks of rage because houses are hitting $400,000! I couldn't imagine working 50 years of my life to simply buy an average house/apartment there. How do people do this??

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 15, 2005 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Normal people either rent apartments in the city or live out of the city, they aren't buying in the city. That's for the rich and famous. :tongue2:

4. Jun 15, 2005 #3

cronxeh

Gold Member

yes thank you Moonie

Now back to my PM box to clear out the gazillion messages I've received for marriage proposals from all the PF ladies here :grumpy:

For the last time.. I do not have millions in my pants!

5. Jun 15, 2005 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh, so many ways to respond to this and I just can't make up my mind which to say. :biggrin:

6. Jun 15, 2005 #5

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

They're called Long Island and New Jersey. Although, my house on LI increased in value by an INSANE amount in just two years. I wasn't complaining when I sold.

7. Jun 15, 2005 #6
    There's quite a few apartments in the city that if you're lucky, would only cost you $3000,000-$400,000. But they're usually one bedroom :yuck:

8. Jun 16, 2005 #7
    Moonbear, but to me, you are famous and rich. :D I think so

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?