Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How come the forum rules came up when I clicked on my bookmark taday?

1. Oct 12, 2005 #1
    I had to re-agree to posting guidelines today when I clicked the PF link on my bookmarks. I haven't had to do that since I first registered.

Does this mean I have broken a guideline?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 12, 2005 #2
  4. Oct 12, 2005 #3

hypnagogue

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

See this thread for an explanation.

5. Oct 12, 2005 #4

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

The forum was updated last night to restructure the Learning Zone, and everyone had to sign the agreement again before they could return to the forum. Also, a sticky on the new learning zone and homework policies was posted by Moonbear in all of the science forums.

6. Oct 12, 2005 #5

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Well, don't everybody answer at once.

7. Oct 12, 2005 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, I didn't put stickies in ALL the science forums, just the ones where homework questions were previously allowed so folks know that has changed (and so our more senior students and post-graduates will look over there to offer some help). I don't know if the issues of the policy repeatedly popping up is resolved yet, or how long that will take to resolve if it isn't yet. But just keep in mind that is something we are aware of and doesn't mean you've done anything wrong.

8. Oct 12, 2005 #7
    :)

Ooops - my cover is blown - I *never* visit the homework help section.

Physics is scary!

LOL,
    Patty

9. Oct 12, 2005 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's not just math and physics anymore. All the biology (and chemistry, and social sciences, and earth sciences....) homework questions will go there now too, so if you're in the mood to help out on those, please stop in the "Other Sciences" section of the new homework forums. :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?