Troubleshooting Avatar Disappearance and Replacement

• Thread starter rathma
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of avatars on a forum. The speaker had an avatar that they deemed worthy but it disappeared after an upgrade and they are unable to retrieve it. They ask for help in getting a new avatar, but are met with humorous responses from other users. The conversation ends with a discussion on the lack of glamour in being featured in a toilet paper commercial.
rathma
I had an avatar, one that I had deemed worthy of me, but then it disappeared. I believe that it had something to do with the upgrade, but I can't figure out how to get it back! The real purpose of this thread is this: How do I get a new avatar, if I don't have one?
I've checked around everywhere in the User CP and related areas, but everything I try turns out to be a dead end. Please help!

Chaos. Disorder. Widespread panic. My work is done here.

Physics news on Phys.org
Uh, I think you have to become a PF contributor but then again ShawnD still has his avatar... I dunno. Do what I did and sell your soul to Greg.

Do what I did and sell your soul to Greg

Let me guess, you no longer had use for the hideous thing?
wuss.
:biggrin: :biggrin:

Hey I'm souless, ignorant and carefree. What have you got going for you? :wink:

Excuse me? I don't see you in toilet paper commercials!

photon said:
Excuse me? I don't see you in toilet paper commercials!
I don't see you in toilet commercials either, photon. :biggrin:

Besides, I don't see it as very glamorous to star in an advert wiping your ass.

1. How did that experiment result in those unexpected findings?

There could be several reasons for unexpected findings in an experiment. It could be due to errors in the experimental procedure, faulty equipment, or an unknown variable that was not accounted for. It is important to carefully review the experimental design and data collection methods to determine the cause of the unexpected results.

2. How did that chemical reaction occur?

Chemical reactions occur when atoms or molecules interact with each other, forming new compounds or changing the properties of existing substances. The reaction can be triggered by a variety of factors such as temperature, pressure, or the presence of a catalyst. It is important to understand the properties and behavior of the reactants to predict and explain the outcome of a chemical reaction.

3. How did that species evolve into its current form?

Evolution is a complex process that occurs over millions of years through natural selection. It involves genetic variations, environmental changes, and the survival of the fittest individuals. The exact mechanisms of evolution are still a topic of ongoing research and debate in the scientific community.

4. How did that disease spread so quickly?

Diseases can spread quickly through various means such as direct contact, airborne transmission, or through contaminated food or water. Factors such as population density, travel, and hygiene practices can also contribute to the rapid spread of diseases. Understanding the mode of transmission and implementing appropriate prevention and control measures are crucial in containing the spread of diseases.

5. How did that natural disaster occur?

Natural disasters such as earthquakes, hurricanes, and volcanic eruptions are caused by complex geological processes and forces of nature. These events can be triggered by factors such as tectonic plate movements, weather patterns, or human activities. Scientists use various methods such as seismology, meteorology, and geological surveys to study and predict natural disasters.