How did the myths start

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I'm pretty sure my husband and stepson are descendants of Sasquatch.
Check for flat, wooden feet.

Danger
Gold Member
Isn't Danger a Sasquatch too?
Sorry to disappoint, but no. I am merely a minor demon from a nether-realm several stages removed from Hell. :redface:

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
One thing that I find rather amusing is the notion that a bigfoot would be sooooo incredible. Granted, as time goes on, it seems more and more likely that if there was such an animal, we would know it, but there are still vast regions of wilderness in which a bigfoot might hide. Given that they would be well adapted to their environment, and assuming that such an animal would be much smarter than the average bear, it wouldn't be surprising that us humans would be at a great disadvantage in locating such an animal.

Unlike claims of ghosts or ET, a living bigfoot isn't really that hard to imagine. So there might be a smart ape that has managed to avoid absolute detection. Big deal. It would be of intense interest to science, but it isn't like proving the existence of life after death, or building a working warp drive system. Same goes for Nessie and the many claims of lake monsters. So maybe there is a rare species of lake creatures that is very difficult to detect. Again, big deal. That's not so hard to believe.

If we find hundreds or thousands of people who claim to have seen such beasts, why not allow a little room for "maybe"?

Danger
Gold Member
why not allow a little room for "maybe"?
What 'maybe'? We have Zoobie (or, at least, had him) in captivity. That should eliminate any doubt.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
What 'maybe'? We have Zoobie (or, at least, had him) in captivity. That should eliminate any doubt.
Heck, Physics Forums was started by a bigfoot.

wolram
Gold Member
What is this, first Astro then Danger and now GREG, are there Any NORMAL people here excepting me. :confused:

Danger
Gold Member
are there Any NORMAL people here excepting me. :confused:
By whose twisted definition do you categorize yourself as normal?

wolram
Gold Member
By whose twisted definition do you categorize yourself as normal?

Ouch ,well i do not stand out to most people as abnormal, and i am sure i will soon have a letter saying i not barking, i hope, so at least the mill has tested me :tongue:

What is this, first Astro then Danger and now GREG, are there Any NORMAL people here excepting me. :confused:
But aren't you the Minotaur? :biggrin:

Danger
Gold Member
But aren't you the Minotaur? :biggrin:
Nope. A minotaur has the head of a bull; Woolie is a ram. He does have a lot of bull in him, but not in his physiology. :tongue:

wolram
Gold Member
Hey stop it, you are supposed to make fun of and take the mickey out of OTHER people, not me.