Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How did y'all find Physicsforums?

1. Aug 14, 2005 #1
    I don't really remember how I found it. All I know is it came up in google. Can't remember why/when I was searching.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 14, 2005 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I was brought here after a black van drove up next to me and kidnapped me. They tied me up and gagged and blindfolded me. I ended up here. I want my mommy :cry: :cry: :cry:

4. Aug 14, 2005 #3
    I googled for physics forums.Guess what i found.

5. Aug 14, 2005 #4

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I googled for engineering forum, I think. Then got trapped, I've not been able to find the exit since.

6. Aug 14, 2005 #5

matthyaouw

Gold Member

Brewnog hit me over the head with a heavy object and when I woke up I was here*.

*May not be true. Google may have played a more significant role than stated

7. Aug 14, 2005 #6
    I found it entertaining.

8. Aug 14, 2005 #7
    all i know was weeks ago i was in a garden reading about newton :approve: and suddenly an apple fell on my head out o' nowhere. :mad: i picked it up and my girlfrind seized it from me and ate it :devil: . then i think she was sent to this site from the garden. i then ate it myself and came here only for her. o:) i found my self in front of a funny box; thing called coomputtre. introhnet was ther and i read the newtons book on world wide web(i didnt know how that chapter came there out o' nowhere :surprised ) and browsed in gogooel for my G.F. i found her nowhere but got this address. :cry:
    gurkha-war-horse

Last edited: Aug 14, 2005
  9. Aug 14, 2005 #8
    From Dr. Kaku's forum.

10. Aug 14, 2005 #9
    When did Smurf become a Texan?

11. Aug 14, 2005 #10

*Kia*

Gold Member

I came to post a pic for wolram! :blushing:
    sounds like a line from dirty dancing - "I carried a watermelon, I CARRIED a WATERmelon"

Liked what I saw and decided to stay and chat a while

and decided I might learn how to spell decided :blushing: (only took me 4 attempts to type that!)

12. Aug 14, 2005 #11

wolram

Gold Member

Weeks and week of thrashing through overgrown derilict sites, i was just about
    to give up the search when, PFs poped up on my screen.

13. Aug 14, 2005 #12
    greg or somebody at UW-Milwaukee but little flyers everywhere about it. I was going to school there at the time majoring in physics- so I decided to check it out. A great use of some advertising in my mind anyways.

14. Aug 14, 2005 #13
    I think I was googling for "physics forums" also, needed help with stuff :redface:.

15. Aug 14, 2005 #14

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

Dr. Kaku's forum

16. Aug 14, 2005 #15

Tsu

Gold Member

I just waited and let Ivan find it for me. I knew he'd find the right one. :approve:

17. Aug 14, 2005 #16
    Yahoo (I had a streange period when I rellay lked that place???).

18. Aug 14, 2005 #17

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I was searching for information on string theory, and this was the best of the links, started looking around and got hooked.

19. Aug 14, 2005 #18

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Another member recommended it.

I started off in the Engineering, Mathematics, Physics and Homework forums.

Somehow I ended up in GD. :rolleyes:

20. Aug 14, 2005 #19

enigma

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I got an email from Greg very early in PF 2.0. Must have been in 2001 or 2002.

I think he was manually going through emails of Usenet sci.physics and inviting people.

21. Aug 14, 2005 #20
    I searched google for a physics forum and guess what??? the 1st result was physicsforums.com

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?