How did y'all find Physicsforums?

• Thread starter Smurf
  • Start date
I don't really remember how I found it. All I know is it came up in google. Can't remember why/when I was searching.

Answers and Replies

Pengwuino
Gold Member
I was brought here after a black van drove up next to me and kidnapped me. They tied me up and gagged and blindfolded me. I ended up here. I want my mommy :cry: :cry: :cry:

I googled for physics forums.Guess what i found.

brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I googled for engineering forum, I think. Then got trapped, I've not been able to find the exit since.

matthyaouw
Gold Member
Brewnog hit me over the head with a heavy object and when I woke up I was here*.

*May not be true. Google may have played a more significant role than stated

I found it entertaining.

all i know was weeks ago i was in a garden reading about newton :approve: and suddenly an apple fell on my head out o' nowhere. :mad: i picked it up and my girlfrind seized it from me and ate it :devil: . then i think she was sent to this site from the garden. i then ate it myself and came here only for her. o:) i found my self in front of a funny box; thing called coomputtre. introhnet was ther and i read the newtons book on world wide web(i didnt know how that chapter came there out o' nowhere :surprised ) and browsed in gogooel for my G.F. i found her nowhere but got this address. :cry:
gurkha-war-horse

Last edited:
Smurf said:
How did y'all fine Physicsforums?
When did Smurf become a Texan?

*Kia*
Gold Member
I came to post a pic for wolram! :blushing:
sounds like a line from dirty dancing - "I carried a watermelon, I CARRIED a WATERmelon"

Liked what I saw and decided to stay and chat a while

and decided I might learn how to spell decided :blushing: (only took me 4 attempts to type that!)

wolram
Gold Member
Weeks and week of thrashing through overgrown derilict sites, i was just about
to give up the search when, PFs poped up on my screen.

greg or somebody at UW-Milwaukee but little flyers everywhere about it. I was going to school there at the time majoring in physics- so I decided to check it out. A great use of some advertising in my mind anyways.

I think I was googling for "physics forums" also, needed help with stuff :redface:.

dduardo
Staff Emeritus
Dr. Kaku's forum

Tsu
Gold Member
I just waited and let Ivan find it for me. I knew he'd find the right one. :approve:

Yahoo (I had a streange period when I rellay lked that place???).

Evo
Mentor
I was searching for information on string theory, and this was the best of the links, started looking around and got hooked.

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Another member recommended it.

I started off in the Engineering, Mathematics, Physics and Homework forums.

Somehow I ended up in GD. :rolleyes:

enigma
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I got an email from Greg very early in PF 2.0. Must have been in 2001 or 2002.

I think he was manually going through emails of Usenet sci.physics and inviting people.

I searched google for a physics forum and guess what??? the 1st result was physicsforums.com

LeonhardEuler
Gold Member
I was googling for the proof of some number theory theorem and one of the first results was a thread on the topic.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I had participated in a number of other forums - mainstream stuff, no fringe topics in most cases - but the lack of moderation made them practically useless. Another forum just disappeared [anyone remember Deja?] PF was the first and only immediate post [no moderation queue] forum that I found that allowed for reasonable discussions without flamers taking over the place - the difference being Greg's philosophy and the excellent staff of mentors. I was then amazed to find a very naive view of UFOs expressed in the S&D forum debates, which ticked me off and got me started on that path. [edit: and the fact that I could debate these issues withoug getting flamed] But in the very beginning it was the physics and philosophy that brought me in. Also, my first post received a response from a European member within about a couple of minutes, which absolutely blew me away. I was used to threads proceeding at a rate of a few posts per day; not several or many posts per hour!

Last edited:
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I googled on "physics forums" because I was interested in seeing how the Internet could work in transmitting knowledge of physics and maths to te general public.
I was pleasantly surprised with this site; later on, I've seen that I was very lucky in stumbling over this site first, rather than any of the crackpot-dominated forums.

JamesU
Gold Member
once again, my post was deleted... EVO?! :grumpy:

I was struggling with my revision back in April and need some help, so google search for "A Physics Forum" and the rest is history!

Last edited: