1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How do credits transfer?

1. Dec 23, 2011 #1
    I'm currently a high school student, but have several credits from a local university, mostly for math and some from engineering. If I want these credits to transfer to where ever I end up going to college, does the credit alone transfer (by which I mean does it simply count towards fulfilling requirements), or will the grades from these classes end up actually factoring into my college GPA?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 23, 2011 #2

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

Generally, your GPA at a particular college/university includes only courses that you take at that institution. If you later apply for graduate school, they will generally want you to submit transcripts from all the colleges/universities that you have attended, so they will see all your grades in any event.

4. Dec 23, 2011 #3
    Thanks for the reply :).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook