How do I connect a 74LS151 without using any TTL device

In summary, the notation you are using is called hexadecimal notation, and it is used to represent binary values in a more readable manner. You must generate the inverted forms of the data inputs to use on the multiplexer, and the equation can be simplified by looking at how the data inputs and data select inputs work together.
gaom84
Hi I need you help I must connect this function
Z= X3'X2'X1 X0+X3'X2 X1'X0+X3'X2 X1 X0 in a Multiplexer the 74LS151 without using any other TTL device. I was thinking of putting in the 3 bit entry X3 , X2 , X1 so how do i put X0 and where ? How do I connect I's to form that function, I really don´t know how to use a multiplexer i am a begginer in this.

Engineering news on Phys.org
gaom84 said:
Hi I need you help I must connect this function
Z= X3'X2'X1 X0+X3'X2 X1'X0+X3'X2 X1 X0 in a Multiplexer the 74LS151 without using any other TTL device. I was thinking of putting in the 3 bit entry X3 , X2 , X1 so how do i put X0 and where ? How do I connect I's to form that function, I really don´t know how to use a multiplexer i am a begginer in this.
Sounds like an interesting logic puzzle, but I'm not sure that I understand your notation. I'll try to re-write it using & + ~ (and, or and invert/not):

Z = (X3 & ~X2 & ~X1) + (X3 & ~X2 & X1 & ~X0) + (X3 & ~X2 & X1 & X0)

or is it:

Z = (~X3 & ~X2 & X1) + (~X3 & X2 & ~X1 & X0) + (~X3 & X2 & X1 & X0)

Which are you trying to make? Is the assumption that both the non-inverted and inverted forms of X[3:0] are available to be used as inputs, or do you have to generated the inverted forms as well somehow? If I interpreted your notation correctly, the equation can be simplified. And then look at how you can use the data inputs and data select inputs together on the multiplexer to form the equation...

This sounds like a class problem. It's not extremely complex, and can be resolved by applying a truth table to the device.

KM

1. How do I connect a 74LS151 without using any TTL device?

To connect a 74LS151 without using any TTL device, you can use a technique called "direct coupling" which involves connecting the inputs and outputs of the 74LS151 directly to other components without any additional devices.

2. Can I use resistors to connect a 74LS151 without using any TTL device?

Yes, you can use resistors in conjunction with direct coupling to connect a 74LS151 without using any TTL device. This helps to ensure proper signal levels and prevent any damage to the IC.

3. What is the advantage of connecting a 74LS151 without using any TTL device?

The advantage of connecting a 74LS151 without using any TTL device is that it simplifies the circuit and reduces the number of components needed. This can save space and reduce costs in certain applications.

4. Are there any limitations to connecting a 74LS151 without using any TTL device?

Yes, there are some limitations to this method. Direct coupling may not work well in circuits with high frequencies, and it also requires careful consideration of signal levels and noise. Additionally, it may not be suitable for more complex circuits.

5. Are there any alternative methods to connect a 74LS151 without using any TTL device?

Yes, there are alternative methods such as using other types of integrated circuits, such as CMOS, or using different techniques like "bus" connections. However, each method has its own advantages and limitations, so it is important to carefully consider which method is best for your specific circuit design.