Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How do I correct Windows Pacman flaw?

  1. May 21, 2005 #1
    Usually when it is desired that an adjective be inserted between two words in context, the following noun moves along without changing; however, on some occasions the noun does not move along but its letters are replaced by those being inserted. It reminds me of the Pacman gobble-up of early computer games. Is there some quick fix whenever this occurs? Does anyone out there know? Thanks, Jim
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 1, 2005 #2
    Sounds like you've inadvertently switched from insert to overwrite mode. If it happens again try pressing the Insert key on your keyboard.


    That is proably the most compliacted description of that problem I have ever seen ;)
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Similar Discussions: How do I correct Windows Pacman flaw?