How do I export Maple *.mw to latex properly?

• Maple
  • Thread starter matematikeren
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex Maple
In summary, to export a Maple *.mw file to Latex properly, use the Maple to Latex exporter provided by Maple and make sure to copy the necessary files and packages into the correct folders before compiling.
matematikeren
How do I export Maple *.mw to latex properly??

Homework Statement

Hi I use Maple 12 and I have a *.mw worksheet file which I am attempting to export to Latex using Maples buildin Maple to latex exporter.

I have copied the files from the ETC folder which came with Maple into the latex folder in Miktex and yes the Maple compiles fine, but but the document which is compiled is 26 pages long and on each page there is one line printed vertically which is so huge it fills the entire page.

What am I doing wrong?? Am I missing a package?

Physics news on Phys.org
Homework Equations N/A The Attempt at a Solution To properly export Maple *.mw to Latex, you should use the Maple to Latex exporter provided by Maple. To do so, open the worksheet file in Maple and then click on "Export to Latex" on the File menu. When prompted, choose the appropriate options for your document. Once the document has been exported, you should copy the files from the ETC folder which came with Maple into the latex folder in Miktex and compile the document. If the document is still too long, you may need to adjust some of the formatting options or download additional packages to make sure everything is formatted correctly.

1. How do I export a Maple *.mw file to LaTeX?

To export a Maple *.mw file to LaTeX, you can use the "Export As" function in the File menu. This will allow you to save the file as a LaTeX document.

2. What is the best way to format equations in LaTeX when exporting from Maple?

The best way to format equations in LaTeX when exporting from Maple is to use the "Typeset" function in Maple. This will ensure that the equations are properly formatted and displayed in LaTeX.

3. Can I customize the LaTeX code generated by Maple when exporting a *.mw file?

Yes, you can customize the LaTeX code generated by Maple when exporting a *.mw file. You can do this by using the "Edit Document" function in Maple and manually editing the LaTeX code.

4. How do I ensure that all graphs and plots in my Maple document are properly exported to LaTeX?

To ensure that all graphs and plots in your Maple document are properly exported to LaTeX, make sure to use the "Typeset" function in Maple to format them correctly. You can also use the "Export As" function to save the plots as separate image files, which can then be inserted into your LaTeX document.

5. Are there any limitations to exporting Maple *.mw files to LaTeX?

Yes, there are some limitations to exporting Maple *.mw files to LaTeX. These include limitations with formatting and the inability to export certain types of Maple objects, such as interactive plots or animations. It is always best to check the exported LaTeX document for any errors or discrepancies.