Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How Do I Get An Avatar

1. Dec 20, 2005 #1
    I couldn't find where I could upload an avatar in my profile.
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 20, 2005 #2
    You need to get a paid subscription first. It's one of the perks.
  4. Dec 20, 2005 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

An avatar is a feature only given to PF contributors (subscribers), or to people who already had an avatar before this policy was introduced.

5. Dec 20, 2005 #4
    An avatar costs $25 dollars (U.S.) per year.
  6. Dec 20, 2005 #5
    Along with other features of course!
  7. Dec 20, 2005 #6
    We'll explain the secret super-powers to him after he forks over the $25.
  8. Dec 21, 2005 #7

Gold Member

There's nothing in FAQ(Frequently Annoying Questions :wink: ) about when administrator enables sig. or avatar for someone. Not sure but I guess there's nothing about PF contributors either! I guess new members have no idea of those, at first!

9. Dec 21, 2005 #8

Gold Member

and after his paddling
  10. Dec 21, 2005 #9

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If you click on "Upgrade" in the menu at the top right of the page, you'll see the information about subscriptions which says:
    The only thing that isn't accurate is the custom title part since titles aren't enabled anymore.
  11. Dec 21, 2005 #10
    Thanks. How much for a year? $25 U.S.?
  12. Dec 21, 2005 #11

Gold Member

You can pay by credit card even if you don't have a PayPal account - I didn't know that at first.
  13. Dec 21, 2005 #12

Gold Member

I paid $25 last year just to support PF, and didn't even use the avatar (or any of the other added features) until now. Also, I've spent about $1,000 on books at Amazon.com over the past year, but didn't know until recently that there's a way to benefit PF by making these purchases through PF. I suggest that these opportunities to benefit PF be made even more clear to everyone, and that students should be able to contribute at a $5 (or so) level.
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2005
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?